Senior Backend Engineer - Walmart Brands
What you'll do at
Walmart,in an effort toensure the number 1 spot in retail and eCommerce, has and continues to make a commitment to innovation. We do this in two ways; through incubation and acquisitionofnew and innovative technology companies, adding new brands to our familyeach and everyyear. The goal here is to allow these brands to grow organically with the backing of the worlds largest retailer, to live by our motto of "Save Money, Live better. We are currently supporting brands including Bonobos,Jetblack, IRL, Franklin, Hayneedle, Art.com, Spatial&, Jet.com and many more. Weare located inNew York, the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, Omaha, Los Angeles and Hoboken.
Heres some inside info from business insider on Walmart Brands:
What You'll Do
We need super smart engineers from all levels to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerceplatformin the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize our Walmart Family of brands from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general.
Youre a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know whats happening in the world and staying in the know. You have a passion for Software engineering.You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
What Youll Bring To The Team
- Minimum5+years ofprofessionalindustryexperience.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related field
- Proven industry experience with large scale distributed systems
- Solid experience with object-oriented and/or event driven systems
Even Better If Youve Done
- We love engineers experienced with rich and robust programming languages (Python, Scala, NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, Java Spring, Golang,etc)
- Understands the importance of operations in production systems (logging, telemetry, alerting etc.)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Has ambition and vigor to add value to a rapidly growing development team
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.