Do you dream data? Does it speak to you? Can you see patterns and answers in the data when others see a just a bunch of numbers? Then this role is for you!
The position is in Point of Sale within Walmart Global Technology. The team is responsible for capturing data about the performance of the applications that serve our customers in our stores. The team owns the Data Pipeline for those applications in addition to being responsible for visualizing and analyzing that data for actionable insights.
The main duties of the analyst will include
• Develop metrics and dashboards by gathering data and collaborating with various Product Teams and present the trends in a dashboard for said Product Team.
• Analyze complex data to identify patterns, detect anomalies in data using statistical tools and machine learning algorithms.
• Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance.
• Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting. Collect, analyze, and report data to meet customer needs.
• Evaluate various analytical/statistical methods and procedures and provide recommendation of relevance, applicability, efficiency of those to Walmart Point of Sale teams
• Work with cross functional group consisting of Engineering, Product, Program managers to drive data based decisions
• Build AI/Clustering models based on pattern recognition to enable us to present the best product data to customers
Technical skills: Proficiency in SQL, GCP, at least one scripting language. Working knowledge of NodeJS is a plus
Dashboard: Looker, Tableau
Analytical skills: Statistical Programming, Critical Thinking. Machine learning framework is a plus. Working knowledge of off the shelf analytical packages is a plus
We are looking for:
A self-starter: Can drive projects with minimal guidance. Provide thought leadership by researching best practices and conducting experiments.
Strong communicator: You effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others.
Master's degree (preferred) in Statistics, Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field or related field and two years experience as a Data Analyst OR Graduate degree in the above with 5-6 years' experience as Data analyst and has handled large volumes of data.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 2 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America