About the Team
One word: impact.
Our 1.4 million Walmart US associates truly make the difference. By improving people decisions through science, insight, and automation, the Walmart US People Analytics team empowers our associates to do more for our customers. We influence Walmart’s people policies; test & evaluate program and intervention effectiveness; create scaled AI/ML people solutions; and deliver insights that improve our associates’ experience. We are a newly formed team that is growing quickly--come build with us!
About the Role
The Senior Data Analyst (causal inference & experimentation) is responsible to deliver insightful, actionable, and science-based analyses that improve decision making across people domains such as employee experience, compensation and rewards, diversity and inclusion, just to name a few. Senior Data Analysts are subject matter experts who partner with our People leadership team to deeply understand business problems, identify and structure meaningful measurement strategies, design experiments and interventions, and conduct in-depth statistical analysis. Senior Data Analysts have demonstrated experience using advanced analytic techniques such as multivariate statistical analysis, clustering and segmentation, experimental design and causal inference. The Senior Data Analyst partners with customers throughout the project lifecycle, including: issue identification and project ideation; hypothesis formation; data wrangling and analysis; and interpretation and recommendations.
The ideal candidate
· You are passionate about how you can use your data analysis skills to make a positive difference in the lives of employees and articulating how employee well-being relates to business outcomes.
· You are innovative and inspired to take on new challenges and you do not shy away from potential failure.
· You are a team player, but also self-driven with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
Statistics and other quantitative skills:
· You have demonstrated experience with one or more of the following: forecasting, deep statistical skills utilized in A/B testing, methods for experimental design, observational causal inference, or quasi-experimental analysis.
· Experience with causal inference reasoning a significant plus. Examples of tools and practices includes graphical approaches (DAGs) and structural equation modeling, regression discontinuity, synthetic controls, difference-in-differences, doubly robust estimator, interrupted time-series, and local average.
· You have a strong command of the use of sampling techniques (random, stratified sampling, etc.) to perform your analysis.
· You have experience coding in R or Python.
• Consult with customers to ensure we answer the right questions; participate in scoping, planning, and design of research projects
• Develop analysis plans and create appropriate statistical models to answer complex business questions
• Interpret data and communicate complex findings to customers (leaders in HR and across the business)
• Deliver insightful and actionable recommendations; build effective relationships to influence leaders to act on the results.
• Design and execute experiments to identify causal factors; develop framework and metrics to facilitate rigorous evaluation of initiatives
• Create and contribute to the Research & Analysis community to share and leverage best practices and create standards
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Health
Equal Opportunity Employer
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 2 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science, Masters: Mathematics, Masters: Supply Chain
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America