Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
About the team.
The Reporting & Visualization team supports the Sam's Supply Chain organization. We provide reporting, predominantly via dashboards (Tableau, PowerBI), for the functional areas within Supply Chain: Transportation, Ambient DC Operations, Grocery DC Operations, Fulfillment Center Operations, Finance, and the Supply Chain Optimization team.
What you'll do.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be aligned to one of these functional areas to support. This will entail partnering with associates in your support area to learn their business, identify reporting needs, and build a solid working relationship with the team. The primary skills needed to be successful are:
Experience writing SQL. The basis for most of our reporting will be driven by queries written in SQL; therefore, good working knowledge and experience writing SQL is a must.
Dashboard building. The method by which we visualize data is via Tableau and PowerBI dashboards. Prior experience building dashboards, familiarity with Tableau server, creating extracts and published data sources, and advanced functionality within Tableau and PowerBI are important for this role.
Good written and verbal communication. A lot of the work we do is technical in nature so having the ability to effectively communicate processes, results, etc. in a non-technical manner is critical. Our team supports various areas of the business with varying degrees of technical acumen; therefore, clear, concise communication is a key skill.
- Data Strategy: Understands, articulates, and applies principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems that involve a single function.
- Data Source Identification: Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose. Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.
- Problem Formulation: Translates business problems within one's discipline to data related or mathematical solutions. Identifies what methods (for example, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem. Share's use cases and gives examples to demonstrate
how the method would solve the business problem.
- Applied Business Acumen: Provides recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues. Develops business cases for projects with a projected return on investment or cost savings. Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to overall business strategy. Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results. Recommends new processes and ways of working.
- Data Quality Management: Promotes and educates others on data quality awareness. Profiles, analyzes, and assesses data quality. Tests and validates data quality requirements. Continuously measures and monitors data quality. Delivers against data quality service level agreements. Manages operational Data Quality Management procedures. Manages data quality issues and leads data cleansing activities to remove data quality defects, improve data quality, and eliminate unused data. Determines user accessibility and removes or restricts user access as needed. Interprets company and regulatory policies on data. Educates others on data governance processes, practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Data Visualization: Generates appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes. Understands customer requirements to design appropriate data representation for multiple data sets. Work with User Experience designers and User Interface engineers as required to build front end applications. Presents to and influences the team and business audience using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages through business and stakeholder understanding. Customizes communication style based on stakeholder under guidance and leverages rational arguments. Guides and mentors' junior associates on story types, structures, and techniques based on context.
- Exploratory Data Analysis: Collects and tabulates data and evaluates results to determine accuracy, validity, and applicability. Supports the identification and application of statistical techniques based on requirements. Applies suitable technique under direction from leadership. Assists in the planning, design, and implementation of exploratory data analysis research projects. Understands existing statistical models and identifies and recommends statistical models based on hypothesis. Uses advanced Knowledge in Data Discovery tools to write queries and analyzes data to identify patterns, trends, outliers, and correlations. Conducts statistical experiments (for example hypothesis tests, confidence intervals) and builds basic statistical models using packages like Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS).
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for
and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing
business processes and practices.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and paternity leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 2 years'
experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics,
Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science,
statistics, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.