Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men
What you'll do...
About The Team
The Data and AI Management team is under the Retail Tech Platform organization within Walmart Global Tech. The AI Management program encompasses technical practices, guidelines, processes, and tools to develop, deploy, monitor, and manage all AI-ML solutions across their lifecycle at Walmart. We are responsible for working with all tech horizontals to identify and build capabilities required by data science community, and for driving best practices and trustworthy ways of AI-ML development over model lifecycle.
Walmart is committed to the responsible use of technology and ethical use of data to strengthen the trust commitments to our customers, associates, partners, and stakeholders. The Data and AI Management team plays a critical role in enabling this objective, in concert with Walmart's Legal, Digital Citizenship, Platform and Technology teams.
What you'll do...
As part of a high performing team, you will have opportunities to consult, design and develop technical solutions to measure, diagnose and mitigate the bias in our AI-ML solutions. You will be responsible for operations and research practices for trustworthy AI development to support fairness and explainability mandates, scientific excellence, and security reviews.You will collaborate with data science teams across Walmart and will review and advise high impact customer, associate, and supplier products through the compliance program. You will help in development and adoption of foundational AI-Management capabilities like enterprise model catalog and AI-ML production monitoring across Walmart. You will also work in partnership with our legal team to shape the technical standards and guidelines to advance the responsible use of technology for societal benefits.
You'll make an impact by...
Collaborating with other data science teams; critically reviewing, auditing, and advising them on the trustworthy AI practices and requirements.
Operationalizing enterprise policies and processes to manage and protect AI-ML model assets (e.g., risk controls and AI ethics frameworks)
Partnering with engineering teams to implement tools and technology to support AI Management strategic objectives by documenting detailed product concepts in the context of user needs, impacts, and technical requirements
Help establishing AI-ML catalog, production monitoring and model lifecycle management capabilities within Walmart to ensure our models are compliant with internal mandates, managed efficiently and foster knowledge sharing and re-usability
Fostering research on Trustworthy AI and lifecycle management practices, write technical guidelines and white papers for driving best practices adoption across Walmart
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
Experience on AI fairness measurement, diagnosis and bias mitigation techniques
Experience on AI explainability techniques for tabular, NLP or CV use-cases
Passionate for AI fairness, explainability, accountability and security enhancing technology solutions
Strong applied Machine Learning experience and have developed varied AI-ML solutions across domains
Experience on policy management frameworks or driving data science center of excellence goals across enterprise
Experience in developing AI-ML production monitoring or ML-Ops solutions
Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution
Strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution
You are results-oriented and have the willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion
Self-motivated and could manage adversity and challenging situations
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 265 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Option 1- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master's degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
1901 N HENDERSON AVE, DALLAS, TX 75206-7319, United States of America
Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men