Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
**Please note: this position is more Computer Vision/ Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Engineer**
**We will also consider candidates in Seattle, WA, NY, AR/BV
Intelligent Retail Lab is an innovation hub formed by the world's largest retailer focused on identifying and investing in trends and technologies reshaping the shoppingexperience. Intelligent Retail Lab's mission is to create step change in-store experiences, leveraging emerging technology to help define and deliver on evolving customer expectations. Its success requires a cross- functional, mission-based team that is highly entrepreneurial, collaborative and passionate about solving the unsolved problems.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be designing, training and deploying state-of-art Computer Vision models in real-world production environment. In conjunction with multiple product and technology groups, you will work to create a best-in-class consumer experience in the physical retail space.
You'll sweep us off our feet if.
- Deployment of CV/ML/AI models and components to simulation, verification and production environments
- Experience with complex image or video analytic pipelines
- Background in some of the following fields: machine vision, pattern recognition or mathematical optimization.
You'll make an impact by
- Design and development of advanced computer vision algorithms
- Implementation and training of deep neural networks and other complex models based on state-of-art architectures
- Deployment of AI models and components to simulation, verification and production environments
What you'll do
- Applied Business Acumen: Provides recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues. Develops business cases for
projects with a projected return on investment or cost savings. Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to
overall business strategy. Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results. Recommends new
processes and ways of working.
- Model Assessment & Validation: Identifies the model evaluation metrics. Applies best practice techniques for model testing and tuning to assess
accuracy, fit, validity, and robustness for multi-stage models and model ensembles.
- Develops newer techniques (for example, advanced machine learning algorithms,
auto ML) by leveraging the latest trends in machine learning, artificial intelligence to train algorithms to apply models to new data sets. Guides the
team on feature engineering, experimentation, and advanced modeling techniques to be used for complex problems with unstructured and multiple
data sets (for example, streaming data, raw text data).
- Model Deployment & Scaling: Deploys models to production. Continuously logs and tracks model behavior once it is deployed against the defined
metrics. Identifies model parameters which may need modifications depending on scale of deployment.
- Code Development & Testing: Writes code to develop the required solution and application features by determining the appropriate programming
language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements. Creates test cases to review and validate the proposed solution design. Creates
proofs of concept. Tests the code using the appropriate testing approach. Deploys software to production servers. Contributes code documentation,
maintains playbooks, and provides timely progress updates.
What you'll bring
- 2+ years in 3D vision data analysis any of the following or similar: RGB-D, TOF, LiDAR, Stereo Vision, Point Cloud etc
- 3+ years machine learning experience, MA/MS in related Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, OR 5+ years industry experience
- Good understanding of machine learning, computer vision or data analysis theoretical foundations
- Good programming skills in Python
- Good knowledge of deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras or Pytorch
- Familiarity with Python's numerical, data analysis or AI frameworks such as Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Jupyter, etc.
- Experience with advanced analytic pipelines, preferable with unstructured data.
- You are a team player - that is, you're a nice person - see no ego
- Highly motivated and independent; good at prioritization and results oriented.
- A self-learner; ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs, integrate multiple tools together to solve business problems.
- Proficient in scripting and automation with an emphasis on integration.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Beinghuman-ledis our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Option 1- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3
years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master's degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.