Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
We are a high caliber data science team supporting Walmart Healthcare offerings (Pharmacy, optical center, Walmart Health clinics and many more), In-Store Services and Walmart.com Customer Experience.
The team creates value for Walmart patients and customers through researching and building complex, cutting edge, and scalable algos, models, platforms to minimize cost and maximize patient and customer satisfaction. Our team of scientists, mathematicians, operations research analysts and statisticians develop rigorous quantitative methods to build efficient and effective algorithms that optimize business decisions. We employ the wealth of Walmart data to build a portfolio of AI/ML/OR models in a rapid test, learn, modify cycle. We see the outcomes of our work to enhance decisions every day.
We are seeking experts adept at Data Science models and MLops techniques. As a data scientist focused on Machine Learning Engineering perspectives, you will be designing, training and deploying state-of-art AI models in real-world production environment. In conjunction with multiple product and technology groups, you will work to create a best-in-class ML/AI implementation processes.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have.
- Solid ML/AI foundation plus solid computer science foundation
- Hands-on experience in deployment of end to end AI models and components to simulation, verification and production environments
- Background in the following fields: complex image or video analytic pipelines, machine vision, signal processing, graph theory, simulations, segmentation/classification/association analysis/forecasting/sequencing, pattern recognition and mathematical optimization.
You'll make an impact by
- Designing, developing, and deploying of advanced ML/AI algorithms
- Training and implementation of deep neural networks and other complex models based on state-of-art architectures
- Deployment of AI models and components to simulation, verification and production environments
What you'll do
- Applied Business Acumen: Provides recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues. Develops business cases for projects with a projected return on investment or cost savings. Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to overall business strategy. Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results. Recommends new processes and ways of working.
- Model Assessment & Validation: Identifies the model evaluation metrics. Applies best practice techniques for model testing and tuning to assess accuracy, fit, validity, and robustness for multi-stage models and model ensembles.
- Develops newer techniques (for example, advanced machine learning algorithms, auto ML) by leveraging the latest trends in machine learning, artificial intelligence to train algorithms to apply models to new data sets. Guides the team on feature engineering, experimentation, and advanced modeling techniques to be used for complex problems with unstructured and multiple data sets (for example, streaming data, raw text data).
- Model Deployment & Scaling: Deploys models to production. Continuously logs and tracks model behavior once it is deployed against the defined metrics. Identifies model parameters which may need modifications depending on scale of deployment.
- Code Development & Testing: Writes code to develop the required solution and application features by determining the appropriate programming language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements. Creates test cases to review and validate the proposed solution design. Creates proofs of concept. Tests the code using the appropriate testing approach. Deploys software to production servers. Contributes code documentation, maintains playbooks, and provides timely progress updates.
What you'll bring
- 3+ years machine learning experience**(Non academic)**, MA/MS/Ph.D Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Operations Research or related fields or equivalent, OR 6+ years industry experience
- Good understanding of machine learning, computer vision and data analysis theoretical foundations
- Research capability to learn and adopt cutting edge techniques for MLops
- Practical experience of using cloud computing
- Proficient in Python, SQL, Spark, the associated Python and Spark packages commonly used by data scientists
- Good knowledge of deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras or Pytorch
- Familiarity with Python's numerical, data analysis or AI frameworks such as Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Jupyter, etc.
- Exposure to some of the following: image recognition, object detection, semantic segmentation, object tracking, etc.
- Experience with classic machine learning, computer vision and/or deep learning systems
- Experience with advanced analytics pipelines, preferable with unstructured data.
- You are a team player
- Highly motivated and independent; good at prioritization and results oriented.
- A self-learner; ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs, integrate multiple tools together to solve business problems.
Proficient in scripting and automation with an emphasis on integration.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Option 1- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3
years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master's degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.