Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Senior Design Researcher
CSIS (CoreServices: Itemand Supply Chain Tech)
The CSIS team builds products to enhance the experience for millions of customers and associates. You'll leverage the best and latest tools to work remotely with teams who develop experiences that have changed the industry. We need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative to craft the best-n-class solutions for our Supply Chain. Innovating on the world's biggest stage, you'll get to deliver customer-centric solutions for our Distribution Networks and Transportation Fleet and Operations networks and every step in between.
At Walmart, our customers and associates are at the center of all our efforts, and design research is one way we observe and listen to our users to make sure we are designing the best experience for their needs. As a Sr. UX/Design Researcher, you will represent the perspective of our associates and customers to help support our strategic vision. If you are motivated to help teams understand complex areas of our business, being a Senior Design Researcher could be the fit you've been looking for.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- A strong working knowledge and extensive experience with both generative and evaluative research methods, and how to apply them in a fast-moving organization.
- The ability to translate insight into action. You help teams understand user needs, attitudes, and behaviors through thoughtful and actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
- Knowledge of the product design process and experience collaborating with other researchers, designers, content strategists, product managers, operations experts and engineers to help transform complex problems into easy-to-use products. You recommend how to best address our research goals and questions, so your partners don't have to.
- The ability to work without close supervision but you seek out and welcome feedback from senior leaders and managers.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
You'll make an impact by:
- Pulling from a broad toolkit of research methods, including live studies, un-moderated studies, field studies, participatory design, heuristic evaluations, and remote usability testing.
- Justify research anddesigndecisions based on a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centereddesignmethodologies.
- Enhancing your work by actively seeking out research and metrics from other sources to provide comprehensive recommendations that inform design and business strategy.
- Working with our research partners (analytics, consumer insights) to synthesize and leverage existing data and coordinate research efforts.
- Working quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality and knowing how to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the Omnichannel business.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- Contributing to team processes and standards to help establish best practices for research.
- Having strong presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor Degree and 3 years' design research experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year's design research experience OR 7 years' design research experience
- Master's degree in Design Research, Design Strategy, User Experience Research, HCI, Applied Psychology, Cultural Anthropology, Market Research, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 4 years' experience working on products / services in a research capacity
- Skilled at planning research with input from diverse stakeholders, executing studies, and synthesizing the findings with recommendations related to both user experience, design, business, and operational objectives.
About The Team
As a member of the CSIS group, you'll be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing user experiences required for special business requirements. You will work with product and operations managers and engineers to brainstorm solutions of a wide variety of job functions. You will be working closely with other trying to solve similar problems. As a member of the team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where user experience can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ designers, engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Bachelor Degree and 3 years' design research experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year's design research experience OR 7 years' design
Conducting quantitative on-line research methodologies with systems (for example, UserZoom, Keynote), Designing front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS)Masters: Economics, Masters: Human Computer Interaction, Masters: Psychometrics, Masters: Statistics
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.