Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men
What you'll do...
At Sam's Club, we're committed to being the membership you love the most.
The Sam's Club Experience Design team crafts compelling experiences wherever we meet our members and associates-from our clubs to their businesses, and to their homes. We creatively deliver impact for the web, apps, in-club experiences and associate-facing tools. We need your Research expertise to support key strategic. initiatives throughout the Sam's Club organization. You'll help the team define customer needs, then work with our partners to conceive and deliver engaging experiences. You will develop and own research projects from start to finish.
The right fit is a compelling storyteller, focused on crafting effective experiences in the eCommerce space. We're looking for a researcher who will dive deep into our customers' mindsets and help ensure our design solutions are both grounded and validated.
How you'll spend your days:
Help transform complex problems into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers and associates around the world.
You'll figure out how to best address our research goals & questions so your partners don't have to.
Conduct generative and evaluative research studies in critical-need areas of the business using a variety of methodologies.
Incorporate research & metrics from multiple sources into your work to deliver actionable recommendations that inform design and business strategy.
Balance speed of findings with quality and strive to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of our business.
Stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
Present, communicate, and negotiate, and always look for additional opportunities to improve.
Work without close supervision but seek out and welcome feedback from senior leaders and managers.
Why you're a great fit**:**
You've demonstrated an ability to plan, conduct, analyze and report out on a variety of user research studies. You have experience moderating live studies and understand how they're applied in a dynamic organization.
You have relentless curiosity with the desire to understand the interconnectedness of users, decisions, and actions.
You can translate insight into action. You help teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through your thoughtful & actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
You take a developed and solid research approach when presented with a design or business problem, with action to experiment and learn how to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer - and you're excited to work with your peers on your research approach.
You can manage your time and deadlines, as well as the ever-changing priorities of a large retail organization. You can work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
You exhibit a passion for developing research programs on your own, and you formulate a research roadmap for things you want to learn tomorrow.
Bachelor Degree and 3 years' design research experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year's design research experience OR 7 years' design research experience
4+ years' experience working with product and engineering teams
4+ years' experience designing and conducting increasingly complex user research programs using a variety of methodologies in a corporate environment
4+ years' experience applying research insights to creative design solutions
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great benefits include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 3 years' design research experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year's design research experience OR 7 years' design
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Conducting quantitative on-line research methodologies with systems (for example, UserZoom, Keynote), Designing front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS)
Masters: Economics, Masters: Human Computer Interaction, Masters: Psychometrics, Masters: Statistics
125 WASHINGTON AVE. NORTH SUITE 125A, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55401-0000, United States of America
In 1962, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world’s largest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we’re reinventing the shopping experience - and our associates are at the heart of it (all 2.2 million of them). When you join our Walmart family of ...
Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men