Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
CSIS (CoreServices: Itemand Supply Chain Tech)
The CSIS team builds products to enhance the experience for millions of customers and associates. You'll leverage the best and latest tools to work remotely with teams who develop experiences that have changed the industry. We need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative to craft the best-n-class solutions for our Supply Chain. Innovating on the world's biggest stage, you'll get to deliver customer-centric solutions for our Distribution Networks and Transportation Fleet and Operations networks and every step in between. This is that place. This is Walmart.
As a Sr. Product Designer, you will help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers and associates. To do this, you'll need to think bigger in systems, platform, and process flows, using techniques like storyboards and sketching to communicate design concepts. You'll use your deep knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other team members, to iterate multiple solutions and deliver pixel-perfect designs. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Sr. Product Designer at Walmart could be the role you've been looking for.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you can....
- Communicate concepts to audiences of all levels of understanding.
- Deploy user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows and dynamic, engaging interfaces.
- Clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
- Understand large process flows and complex systems thinking.
- Apply design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast).
- Create scalable and cohesive experiences using a design system and defined patterns.
- Adapt to ever-changing priorities of the business and produce great work in short timeframes while simultaneously working across multiple products and platforms.
- Conduct competitive analysis, secondary research, and gather business requirements.
- Incorporate Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously but know when to adjust and when to follow your initial vision.
You'll make an impact by:
- Leading in the creation of business, consumer, and associate product experiences.
- Thinking holistically about the customers using our products, a cohesive design system, and end to end experiences.
- Solving complex problems and working with others with the same passion, to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure and create a cohesive design ecosystem.
- Quickly transitioning from deep design thinking to rapid-fire execution.
- An outstanding design portfolio that demonstrates masterful use of systems thinking, UX process flows, composition, page layout, typography, iconography and color theory to design products and services with immediate visual design appeal (include a link or an attachment with your application)
- 2-3 years' experience delivering logical and engaging interfaces for Android and responsive web
- Experience building efficient scalable systems in enterprise applications, SaaS, or a related field
- Expertise with industry tools such as Sketch, Figma, inVision and Zeplin to develop and communicate experiences
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Excellent communication
- Experience workingwithDesign Systems
- Experience working within brand guidelines
About The Team
As a member of the Fulfillment group, you'll be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing user experiences required for special business requirements. You will work with product and operations managers and engineers to brainstorm solutions of a wide variety of job functions. You will be a design stakeholder for your area, but at the same time work closely with other designers trying to solve similar problems. As a member of the team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where user experience can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ designers, engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 2 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year design experience OR 4 years design experience.
1 year experience designing front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies (for example, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, strong HTML/CSS skills), Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.