Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
This is the opportunity to get in early with a stealth health & wellness project currently incubating in Walmart's Store No8.At Store No8, the team will discover and deliver the insights that will power the future of healthcare for our customers, through the unparalleled scale of Walmart's platform. In this role, you will lead the product team from initial design to development and production. You will work closely with the core Store No8 team, and our partners within Walmart Global Tech and the Walmart Health & Wellness business.
Top reasons to work with us:
- This is a rare opportunity you will architect and shape the growth of a stealth health & wellness project from the ground up, ultimately helping Walmart's millions of customers to live better every day
- Startup energy, Walmart backing - you will move at the speed of a startup without time lost to fundraising and finding customers; you will have clarity of mission from Day One and the full support of our leadership team in this audacious mission
- Access our affiliation with the Fortune 1 company enables us to access the best and the brightest in the industry, and you will be empowered to form and own those relationships
- Long term vision we are focused on making a contribution to Health at the scale of Walmart, you will bridge the art of the possible across today's rapidly evolving healthcare data and informatics landscape, such that Walmart is positioned to drive the consumerization of health
Who will love this job:
- A product thinker you have a deep curiosity about problems and how people experience them; you are disciplined in prototyping creative, hypothesis-driven solutions, and responding quickly to progress or pivot based on user research and testing; you relentlessly prioritize
- A healthcare evangelist you believe that our healthcare system is at a positive inflection point and that building the right solution at scale will unlock the transformative power of the consumer; you are passionate about working with data scientists, clinicians, and care teams to integrate and apply the right mix of insights and experiences to elicit new actions which improve healthcare delivery, health-related decision making, and clinical outcomes
- A clear communicator you break down complex concepts and make them easy to understand
- A generous collaborator you enjoy building expertise, insights, and working prototypes which, when mature, are successfully embedded in the Walmart core business, including its digital product suite, to reach millions of people at scale
- A strong leader you know how to motivate your team to do top-notch work and do it by working smartly, while having fun too
About the role:
As Product lead, you will own the end-user experience for the application of novel health-related insights to elicit new actions which improve healthcare delivery, health-related decision making, and clinical outcomes for this high priority initiative inside of Store No8. You will oversee user research, design, feature prioritization, and the product roadmap. You will coordinate with leaders from Store No8 and Walmart's Health & Wellness and Product organizations to design, build, and test prototype solutions that achieve Walmart's strategic goals. You will be empowered to build at the speed of a startup with the full support of Walmart's massive scale and resources.
What you'll do:
- Define, update, and drive the product roadmap
- Define product KPIs and adjust the product to continue meeting KPIs.
- Discover, research, and evaluate use-cases for novel health-related insights that can lead to meaningful impact within the Walmart ecosystem
- Become an expert in the problem(s) of interest for stealth health & wellness within Store No8
- Leverage your product development experience to assess desirability, and viability of various health insight solution paths, and to collaboratively evaluate feasibility in partnership with data science
- Lead the design and development of working prototypes and the processes which elicit qualitative and quantitative user feedback
- Nurture a strategic relationship with colleagues in the core business, particularly Health & Wellness, Product, Global Tech, ecosystem partners, and managed contract vendors
- Relentlessly prioritize with a focus on measurable results related to adoption and impact
- Navigate evolving healthcare regulatory landscape (e.g., HIPAA, 21st Century Cures Act) and Walmart's core privacy tenants to lead in the representation of digital citizenship internally and externally
- Build, coach and mentor a team working in product and design
- Drive disciplined and transparent decision-making processes to shape informatics approaches and strategies to achieve defined goals
- Manage and develop top-tier talent, including recruitment, engagement, and well-being
- 6+ years in a consumer health and/or wellness product leadership role with a robust network across healthcare industry stakeholders
- Superb communication and relationship skills, including the ability to work with and present to C-level executives and board members; proven ability to influence strategic decision making
- Deep technical experience leading product teams combining various forms of health data to uncover new insights and influence health system action and/or individual behavior change in broad array of use cases, including consumer decision making, population health, and chronic disease management
- Technical experience with the use of various forms of health data (e.g., clinical, pharmacy, claims) in product development and knowledge of clinical data standards, medical terminologies and vocabularies used in healthcare data and ontologies
- In-depth experience partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to align product use-case efforts with regulatory compliance, business, and clinical value
- Comfort with building and nurturing prototype concepts that can be embedding and scaled into core business products and services
- Demonstrated ability to manage full-time and contract teammates, both in-person and remote
- Strong record of delivering digital products with significant adoption and impact
- Experience directing budgets, and resources to achieve maximum value
- Strong track record of delivering large, cross functional projects
- Success in an entrepreneurial environment, ideally within a high growth technology company
- Experience and passion for rapid prototyping and development in a fast-paced environment
Pay, perks & such
Competitive cash, bonus, Walmart equity, 401k, and health benefits
Come join us!
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and 4 years' experience in product management or related field OR 6 years' experience in product management or related field.
Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, and recommending solution requirements, Product or solution development, Proven track record of successful product creation with measurable and significant business impactMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Science, Masters: Engineering General
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.