Senior Director, Campus Recruiting
Benton County, AR
Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning. Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
What you'll do...
Fifty years ago, Walmart opened as a small shop in Rogers, Arkansas and has since transformed into the worlds biggest retailer. From those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers save money so they can live better. Were reinventing the shopping experience and our associates are at the heart of it. Our associates play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. This is that place where your passions meet purpose.
Our Global Talent Acquisition organization is transforming to the next generation, with a focus on providing the best experience for candidates and optimal service to the business, and meeting the needs for the future of retail. Join our family, make a mark on the talent acquisition function, create a career youre proud of, and encourage others to do the same.
As the Senior Director of Campus Recruiting, youll oversee a team that is dedicated to sharing the Walmart experience with the strategists, the visionaries, the storytellers and the thought shifters of the future. Youll operate as a trusted advisor to your business partners while delivering results that align to enterprise and hiring objectives. Your holistic perspective will enable cross-functional teams to work toward cohesive KPIs that position them effectively as subject matter experts. Youll lead the design and implementation of the future state model where we envision leveraging technology and digital channels to source, screen and assess candidates. A proven forward thinker, to join the Campus Recruitment team is to commit to an opportunity to shape the future of our organization while positioning Walmart as an employer of choice among the next generation of talent.
As a member of the Campus Recruitment organization, youll be looked to as a trusted consultant who puts the business, culture, employee and candidate at the center of the day-to-day. A people practitioner, youll set an example that defines performance standards and deepens the partnership between Talent Acquisition and the lines of business we support. A true steward of the Walmart values, your experience will be one that you become passionate about sharing with your team, your network and most importantly, the candidates who will one day, find thrill in doing the same.
Youll make an impact by:
- Operating as a change agent while inspiring others Create a culture that is defined by collaboration, transparency and relationship-driven results.
- Developing processes and solutions that align to strategic objectives Identify areas of cross-functional opportunity while continuously improving upon process, delivery and performance.
- Performing as a trusted advisor who understands key components to the business: Position yourself and your team as subject matters expert who perform with intellectual curiosity that is rooted in the business.
- Prioritizing the candidate: Operate with a passion for creating and sustaining a best-in-class, end-to-end candidate experience.
- Enhancing strategic partnerships with Universities**, organizations and companies**: Allow data, historical context and potential ROI to be key drivers in the selection of our partner entities.
What Youll Need To Succeed:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 5 years' experience in recruiting or related field OR 7 years' experience in recruiting or related field.
- Masters or PhD in I/O Psychology desired.
- 4 years' of supervisory experience.
- Experience designing, establishing and executing a successful Campus Recruiting Program.
- Intellectually curious and have the ability to deduct insights from data while aligning both to a process-driven approach.
- Experience optimizing and personalizing every touchpoint of the candidate experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communications and organizational skills.
- Good judgment and executive presence and the ability to interface effectively with and advise senior executives.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 6 years experience in human resources, talent acquisition, staffing, recruiting, hiring, or related area OR 8 years experience in human resources, talent acquisition, staffing, recruiting, hiring or related area. 4 years supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.