Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
About Walmart Global People
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 1.3M+ associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design and change management. From building communities to preparing Walmart for the future, to be a member of this team is to operate as a vital component to our sustainable success. Together, we think beyond the status-quo and inspire others to evoke positive change. When you join us in Global People, you immerse yourself in our culture, becoming a trailblazer and a true agent of influence.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You are an expert in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion work and understand how to align DEI strategies with business priorities
- You have experience directly managing multiple complex projects and dotted line teams, engaging with leadership directly and influencing peers to advance agendas
- You have a background in strategy development and supporting/leading business functions such as operations, Health & Wellness or Walmart.org.
- You have a proven track record of leading high performing teams
- You are familiar with leveraging data to inform decision making and influence strategy
- You have demonstrated proficiency in managing cross-functional teams
You'll make an impact by
- Contributing to building and developing diverse high performing teams within CDEI and associated teams by developing strategies to increase the growth, representation, and retention of Women and Person of Color (POC) globally; using data driven insights, benchmarking peer organization strategies; and developing programs, curricula, and events by engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives, and, supporting associate efforts in these areas.
- Implementing strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Maintaining a high level of expertise in best practices for CDEI by cultivating a network of highly knowledgeable advisors among industry leaders; keeping up to date on current research, practices, and activities in the field; establishing connections across the industry with people in similar jobs;
and providing inputs for development of CDEI programs and initiatives.
- Building a more inclusive workplace by establishing strategies around inclusive outreach; helping to coordinate information for the Board and subcommittees, and diversity committees across the business to ensure all work fits under the overall strategy for CDEI; and collaborating with
business units to design consistent hiring, retention, and promotion strategies as they relate to diversity initiatives.
- Living Walmart's values by modeling company culture in everyday behavior; creating an environment of trust and collaboration and earning the trust and respect of others; practicing servant leadership and promoting the highest standards of ethics, integrity and compliance while continuing to drive innovation; and supporting existing policies of integrity and ethics and holding individuals accountable for violations, non-compliance and support the Open Door Policy.
- Creating the overall Culture, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (CDEI) strategy for respective business segment in partnership with CDEI business function, Chief People Officer, Segment People Partners and People Specialists by creating a plan to increase the diversity, equity and inclusion
focused on driving continued progress on a foundation of Walmart values; developing key performance indicators and metrics to ensure commitment and accountability; leveraging data and analytics to generate insights and make informed decisions; recognizing the impact of national and global forces on the business and ensure alignment of CDEI programs with Walmart's overarching strategy; supporting innovation and taking calibrated risks to advance the overall strategy; and managing the budget and collaborating with internal partners to communicate key results and successes.
- Leading special company initiatives by partnering on strategy and liaising with core business functions, which could include but not limited to Strategy Teams, Talent Team, Learning Team, Shared Value Networks on Racial Equity, Walmart.org D&I initiatives, The Center for Racial Equity at
Walmart.org, Field Pipeline Initiatives, Constituent Relations, Academies, Supplier Diversity, Culture Policies, Mentoring Initiatives, virtual RACE Ahead series, CDEI strategy, External benchmarking & relationships, global engagement; Associate Resource Group (ARG) program and communities, finding ways to meaningfully engage with ARG leaders to understand key issues of each constituency; creating cross-functional programs, leveraging unique expertise and, where appropriate, creating intentional integration points to inform the mission and priorities of the
enterprise; and acting with agility and speed and building geographically based test & learns, to develop insights and put into practice new scalable models with the next generation associate in mind.
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Developing and implementing strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivating an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all
programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Developing and leveraging internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate
business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field and 7 years' experience in human resources, talent development, organizational development, or a related field OR 9 years' experience in human resources, talent development, organizational development, or a related field
- 5 years' supervisory experience
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically
- Strong communications, partnership, and organizational skills
- Excellent judgment and executive presence and the ability to interface with and influence senior executives
LIVE OUR VALUES
- Culture Champion: Models Walmart values to support and foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Servant Leadership: Acts as a servant leader, consistently demonstrating humility, self-awareness, honesty, and transparency.
- Curiosity & Courage: Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
- Digital Transformation & Change: Drives continuous improvement, supports digital disruption in line with Walmart's business model, and leverages new digital tools, technology, and ways of working.
DELIVER FOR THE CUSTOMER
- Customer Focus: Delivers results while putting the customer first, consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
- Strategic Thinking: Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans or executing work assignments.
FOCUS ON OUR ASSOCIATES
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Supports strategies and initiatives that identify, attract, and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives.
- Collaboration & Influence: Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; communicates with impact and demonstrates energy and positivity to influence and inspire.
- Talent Management: Creates a focus around developing talent, contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers others to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we're reinventing the shopping experience and our associates are at the heart of it. You'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and create a career you're proud of.
Walmart's global headquarters are in Northwest Arkansas, ranked consistently in the top 5 best places to live in the country with the fastest growing economy through 2021! The area has transformed from a small town to a center of higher education, culture, commerce and entrepreneurialism. Nestled in the Ozark Mountains, NW Arkansas attracts outdoorsy types with its abundance of state parks, acres of community green space, playgrounds, parks and walking trails. The metro area also boasts a first-class performing arts center, an active local food movement, live music venues and a dynamic festival scene. Join a fast-growing and evolving environment of arts and culture!
- NWA Location Video
- Bentonville Restaurant Guide - Food Network
- Visit Bentonville
- NWA Council Regions Rankings
- Walmart New Home Office - Corp Walmart
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field and 7 years' experience in human resources, talent development, organizational development, or a related field. Option 2: 9 years' experience in human resources, talent development, organizational development, or a related field
5 years' supervisory experience
Building and Implementing StrategyMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Human Resources, Masters: Management, Masters: Organization Development
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.