Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
About Walmart Global People
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 1.3M+ associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design and change management. From building communities to preparing Walmart for the future, to be a member of this team is to operate as a vital component to our sustainable success. Together, we think beyond the status-quo and inspire others to evoke positive change. When you join us in Global People, you immerse yourself in our culture, becoming a trailblazer and a true agent of influence.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You have a passion for developing the next generation of leaders, designing and re-engineering strategic People programs that are game changers
- You have the ability to be agile and to make sense of the rapidly increasing amount of data being generated by individuals and organizations
- You have led large scale transformations and strategic change
- You have strong business acumen and the ability to think systematically and holistically
- You have great listening skills, critical thinking skills, and solution-articulation skills
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a HR Business partner capacity; PHR or SPHR or GPHR certifications
You'll make an impact by
- Overseeing HR project management teams by supporting project portfolio alignment and strategy prioritization; approving the business readiness phase, budget, and communication within the portfolio; implementing performance controls and policies to ensure project outcomes reflect commitments made to the business; and ensuring continued development, refinement, and implementation of project management methodologies, toolkits, and practices.
- Supporting officer level business leaders with the Global Governance & Corporate Affairs org.
- Directing talent management for Global Governance & Corporate Affairs by implementing talent plans; monitoring workforce planning processes; acquiring and retaining key talent; implementing action plans for diversity initiatives; analyzing talent management data, tools, and systems; providing information to training and development teams to address current needs; driving performance management processes and initiatives; ensuring consistency in program application; and delivering, monitoring, and ensuring compliance with compensation programs and policies.
- Overseeing the consistent execution of the company's human resource practices, systems, and personnel-related activities by auditing HR practices; analyzing and interpreting reports; creating action plans to resolve instances of non-compliance; conducting on-site observations and investigations; developing and delivering human resources methodology and process training programs to management; and providing human resources advice and consulting for managers.
- Determining the HR strategy by understanding strategic business goals and objectives; advising on the execution of organizational change initiatives; assessing human resources implications of various strategies; providing guidance to business leaders on HR issues.
- Overseeing compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations and company policies and procedures by keeping current on laws and regulations related to general human resource practices and regulations related to licensure and certification; implementing and monitoring HR compliance; implementing action plans to improve performance and reduce instances of non-compliance; and directing management teams in ensuring confidentiality of information, documentation, and assigned records.
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Developing and implementing strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivating an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Developing and leveraging internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Communications, Journalism, Business, or related field and 7 years' experience in human resources, communication, journalism, business, or related area OR 9 years' experience in human resources, communications, business, or related area
- 3 years' supervisory experience
- Business management background or commensurate experience
- Proven ability to influence senior leaders
- Experience supporting a distributed organization
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of talent
- Ability to lead multiple strategic efforts simultaneously and prioritize based on company and team objectives
- Ability to lead efficiently under pressure, drive projects to completion and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to shifting company or team goals
Fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we're reinventing the shopping experience and our associates are at the heart of it. You'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and create a career you're proud of.
Walmart's global headquarters are in Northwest Arkansas, ranked consistently in the top 5 best places to live in the country with the fastest growing economy through 2021! The area has transformed from a small town to a center of higher education, culture, commerce and entrepreneurialism. Nestled in the Ozark Mountains, NW Arkansas attracts outdoorsy types with its abundance of state parks, acres of community green space, playgrounds, parks and walking trails. The metro area also boasts a first-class performing arts center, an active local food movement, live music venues and a dynamic festival scene. Join a fast-growing and evolving environment of arts and culture!
- NWA Location Video
- Bentonville Restaurant Guide - Food Network
- Visit Bentonville
- NWA Council Regions Rankings
- Walmart New Home Office - Corp Walmart
Contact: Joe Campbell, Talent Acquisition for Walmart [email protected]
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Communications, Journalism, Business, or related field and 7 years' experience in human resources,
communication, journalism, business, or related area OR 9 years' experience in human resources, communications, business, or related area.
3 years' supervisory experience.
Managing a multi-unit operation, Project ManagementMasters: Business, Masters: Communication, Masters: Human Resources, Masters: JournalismHuman Resources - Professional HR (PHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Human Resources - Sr. Professional HR (SPHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.