This Senior Director role will lead our Integrated Planning business(S&OP) for our Sam’s Club Supply Chain. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Business Partnerships: Drives results and strategy around the business objectives by providing consulting expertise and acting as a subject matter expert to senior functional leadership (e.g., VPs, SVPs ); articulates the needs of current and future customers to executive leadership. Consults withe executive leadership to identify opportunities to use insights about current and future customers to inform opportunities to drive innovation in the customer experience. Develops strategies to advance customer advocacy across channels by providing direction on customer strategies.
Project Scope: Leads all advanced analytics projects for a moderately complex business area, category or prototype across platforms based on broad industry and organizational knowledge. Ensures solution and analytical plans reflect business priorities.
Model Development: Directs the development and implementation of data models for all projects within a moderately complex business area or category. Leads the development of new modeling algorithms and approaches by evaluating industry trends. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to align modeling solutions with business priorities and strategies.
Proof of Concept and Prototype: Directs the implementation of production-ready complex algorithms for all projects. Presents production-ready algorithms to cross-functional partners (e.g., software engineering, category management) to gain buy-in. Evaluates new data analysis tools and processes (e.g., natural language processing, machine learning) to determine their utility for prototype and algorithm development.
Data Collection and Analysis: Directs analysis of business issues, considering team structures and iteration models needed to develop innovative solutions. Leads the development of new analytics approaches by evaluating industry trends and business area or category performance. Collaborates with leadership across all analytics functions to define the data analysis strategies based on business priorities.
Collaboration: Partners with functional leadership and other cross-functional leaders across the organization (e.g., Categories, Customer Experience, Merchandising) to develop consultative solutions for all projects for a moderately complex business area, category or prototype, ensure buy-in for recommendations as necessary and ensure alignment on data analysis strategies. Proactively maintains existing relationships and develops new relationships with external business partners and vendors.
People Development: Ensures associates are receiving learning and development opportunities (e.g., training, mentoring) for the good of the associate and Walmart. Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance. Mentors less experienced associates, managers and directors. Identifies new and emerging skills needed by analytics associates.
Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 6 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 8 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
6 years' supervisory experience OR experience leading cross-functional teams.
Cluster analysis techniques, simulation, inferential statistics, neural networks, or data mining techniquesMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America