Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
About the Business/Team
Sam's Club Product Team is focused on creating an incredible omni channel shopping experience, bringing members the best products at the best prices. We are a nimble group that comes from diverse backgrounds yet guided by the same north star: to increase our members' satisfaction and retention by working quickly, cost effectively and with a focus on having an impact. Together, with our partners in engineering, user experience design, analytics, operations, merchandising, supply chain, and marketing, we innovate and drive the future of retail by anticipating the needs of our members.
We are building a new team of product managers responsible for transforming our forecasting and planning process. This Sr Director role will lead that team and be responsible for figuring out how we unlock intelligent business growth through more connected and advanced data driven forecasts, analysis and scenario planning. This team will work closely with our CFO's team and merchandising, supply chain, operations and marketing. The initiatives will push the envelope in their usage of ML, AI and other advanced data technologies. This role will report to the VP, Product Mgmt of Merchandising and have a team of product managers that report to them.
Join the Sam's Club Product Team and make an impact on the future of retail.
Position Description Summary
This Senior Director of Product Management role will be responsible for unlocking the growth of Sam's Club by connecting the various functional areas of the business (merchandising, supply chain, operations, marketing and more), finding opportunities for growth, avoiding inefficiencies and proactively planning for the future. This key position will build the strategy, roadmap and prioritization of our forecasting and planning systems. Leading a team of other product managers and working across stakeholders, leadership and strong communication skills are necessary.
In this role you will:
- Act with broad scope, autonomy, and a focus on delivering impact
- Seek out, research and evaluate areas of opportunity to save time and money. Articulate the problem(s) and socialize the proposed solution(s) to relevant stakeholders and colleagues
- Apply structured thinking to your problems in the form of journey mapping, value stream mapping, domain-driven design, root cause analysis, and dependency mapping
- Own the entire product lifecycleincluding discovery, analysis, test and learn goals,MVPs,user stories,sprint execution,launch, and iteration. Develop systemic feedback loops to drive clarity onproduct iteration
- Collaboratewith cross-functional stakeholders such as other product managers, engineers, data scientists, merchants, supply chain owners, marketers, financial partners, operations and more, across multiple offices and time zones
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You are passionate aboutdata science and machine learning, especially within forecasting and planning.
- You are a strategic thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research,operations research, and design) to identify key unmet needs and solutions that can address the needs.
- Youare able totranslate product strategy into detailed specifications, making functional and user interface design tradeoffs, managing product launches and owning the product successes post-launch.
- Be comfortable operating and executing in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders. You have the empathy and communication skills to understand differing perspectives so you can articulate and deliver solutions that address the needs of multiple constituencies
- Enjoy the journey ofproblem discovery, testing, pivoting, and occasional failure.You view failure as an opportunityto introspect and glean learnings
You'll make an impact by.
- Developing and enhancing products you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
Defining vision and strategiesfor your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
Crafting and developing solutions to large business challenges communicate business and customer needs to key partners to implement products and timelines
- Driving business plans and projectsby identifying the customer and operational needs of the product
- Building a team environmentby selecting, training, managing and mentoring
- Evaluating the effectivenessof your products and initiatives to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness with participating stakeholders
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 7 years' experience in
product management or related field OR 9 years' experience in product management or related field.
3 years' experience building and leading high performing teams.
5 years' experience leading cross-functional teams.
Building and leading high performing teams, Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements., Leading product or solution development, Proven track record of successful product creation with measurable and significant business impactMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Science, Masters: Engineering General
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.