Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Walmart's Financial Services group is in charge of architecting, delivering, and managing unique service offerings across all of Walmart's formats and channels. This team drives industry-defining innovation with a diverse array of physical & digital consumer financial services offerings and operates one of the largest non-bank consumer financial services businesses in the world. The team delivers a simple, honest and transparent product suite, serving evolving consumer needs and improving financial wellness of all communities.
At Walmart Financial Services, you will play a crucial role in shaping the very future of the consumer-based financial services business. Together with its partners, the team maintains a relentless focus on innovation with the goal of helping the tens of millions of customers it serves to Save Money. Live Better.. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it's the ultimate innovator's playground. This is That Place where opportunity knocks.
The Senior Director II of Debit and Prepaid strategy is responsible for supporting key growth and strategic initiatives for US Debit and Prepaid products, Walmart's largest banking business. The Senior Director II of Debit and Prepaid strategy will support major growth initiatives that will shepherd the expansion of US Debit and Prepaid to its next level and will be responsible for value proposition development and portfolio management. The candidate will drive business strategy, organizational alignment, strategic partnerships and go-to-market strategy for B2C and B2B segments.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You have extensive experience in the financial services industry
- You are a creative strategist who can paint compelling stories with actionable, data driven insights to inform critical business decisions
- You are obsessed with analytics and 100% accuracy
- You love to research the root cause of problems and drive toward a solution!
- You are a natural storyteller and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You build cross-functional partnerships with ease and can influence your business partners
- You have proven yourself as an influencer and partner with complex vendors
- You are a leader that attracts high potential talent and focused on team development
You'll make an impact by:
- Developing the organizational vision and the strategic execution plan by performing industry and market analysis; defining metrics to track performance; communicating the organizational vision and strategic execution plan; developing decision making frameworks; and communicating progress and measures of success to senior leadership, key stakeholders, and suppliers
- Overseeing change initiatives by identifying and defining desired change and processes; validating value and priority; overseeing project plans to implement processes; assessing readiness for change; managing expectations; adjusting approaches to have change adopted by the entire organization; and ensuring timely project management from pilot to the execution stage
- Overseeing the development and implementation of process improvements to improve business results by overseeing the evaluation and execution of multiple projects for merchandising; directing the consultation with leadership regarding solutions; touring formats; reviewing merchandising reports; leveraging customer and operational needs across the division to identify barriers and obstacles that impact performance across the division; and benchmarking competitors' merchandising programs
- Overseeing the development, prioritization, and execution of key business strategies and communication by leading cross-functional initiatives that impact store and corporate processes; overseeing the development of business programs and initiatives, customer and company communications, and associate training content
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning
- Developing and implementing strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent
- Cultivating an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open-Door Policy
- Developing and leveraging internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 265 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, Social Science, Communications, or related field and 7 years' experience in retail merchandising,
operations management, or related area OR 9 years' experience in retail merchandising, operations management, or related area.
3 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading a cross-functional teamMasters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science, Masters: Mathematics, Masters: Supply Chain, Masters: Transportation
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.