Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Walmart Global People
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 1.3M+ associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design and change management. From building communities to preparing Walmart for the future, to be a member of this team is to operate as a vital component to our sustainable success. Together, we think beyond the status-quo and inspire others to evoke positive change. When you join us in Global People, you immerse yourself in our culture, becoming a trailblazer and a true agent of influence.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You have the ability to be agile and to make sense of the rapidly increasing amount of data being generated by individuals and organizations
- You have strong business acumen and the ability to think systematically and holistically
- You have great listening skills, critical thinking skills, and solution-articulation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
You'll make an impact by
- Data Source Identification: Understands the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Defines and identifies the most suitable sources for required data that is fit for purpose, referring to external sources as required. Performs initial data quality checks on the extracted data.
- Reviews the deliverables of junior associates and provides guidance.
- Data Strategy: Understands, articulates, interprets, and applies principles of the defined strategy. Advises on the most complex business problems. Leverages experiences, learnings, and business context to inform, influence, and define data strategy that usually spans one or more functions or domains.
- Data Quality Management: Determines and evangelizes enterprise data quality awareness initiatives. Partners with business stakeholders to translate
business strategies into data strategies. Ties data strategies to business cases and return on investments to drive adoption of data initiatives.
- Determines enterprise data quality strategy, metrics, business rules, and service levels to ensure that data is fit for purpose. Provides enterprise guidance on Data Quality Management operational practices. Determines guidelines and policies on user accessibility.
- Influences data governance policies, practices, and guidelines.
- Data Visualization: Defines enterprise guidelines on most effective visualization tools in different contexts. Guides the generation of appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes. Understands customer requirements to design appropriate data representations for complex data sets and drives User Experience designers and User Interface engineers to build front end applications. Defines and reviews application design
based on customer requirements.
- Builds compelling stories based on context to integrate multiple pieces of information into cohesive insights.
- Presents to and influences diverse audiences using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages through deep business and stakeholder
understanding. Customizes communication style based on stakeholders and leverages relationships to drive behavioral change.
- Guides and mentors junior associates on story types, structures, and techniques based on context.
- Applied Business Acumen: Develops business strategy with executive leaders. Evaluates proposed business cases for projects and initiatives.
Approves strategies, initiatives, and projects. Determines metrics and performance indicators.
- Contributes to strategic business decision making regarding key initiatives. Outlines business cases to be developed and drives delivery of work that has meaningful return on investment to the business. Develops new enterprise-wide processes and ways of working. Models industry best practices.
- Proactively engages in the external community to build Walmart's brand and influences industry practices. Influences and shapes business vernacular.
- Problem Formulation: Collaborates with multiple business stakeholders to gain an understanding of complex organizational problems from varied perspectives. Influences the business to redefine the problem statement.
- Designs multi-stage, data-driven solutions to real-world problems for issues that are amenable to a data-driven solution. Redefines data analytics, big data analytics, automation goals, and deliverables by leveraging experience with the business problem. Identifies return on investment.
- Exploratory Data Analysis: Promotes the value of Knowledge Discovery in Data (KDD) for business managers. Identifies and applies suitable KDD tool basis business requirement. Guides junior team members on tools and techniques. Stays abreast of best practices in KDD techniques. Tests and evaluates multiple solutions, methods, and models to determine accuracy, validity, and applicability.
- Establishes standards for application and interpretation of statistical data. Conducts statistical experiments(for example hypothesis tests, confidence intervals) and builds statistical models
using packages like Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS). Designs, writes, and publishes numerous research documents on diverse topics.
- Consults on complex situations to test hypotheses, anticipate pitfalls, prevent false conclusions, and advise others on avoiding them.
- Provides insights to the business based on research findings
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all
programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, Social Science, Communications, or related field and 7 years' experience in Accessibility, operations management, or related area OR 9 years' experience in Accessibility, operations management, or related area.
3 years' supervisory experience.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically
- Strong communications, partnership, and organizational skills
- Excellent judgment and executive presence and the ability to interface with and influence senior executives
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 7 years'
experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics,
Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5 years' experience in data analysis, data science,
statistics, or related field. Option 3: 9 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.
4 years' supervisory experience
Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau), Supervisory experience
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainabilityand everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industriesall while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.