Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
- Manages inventory plans for multiple complex (for example, seasonality, workload complexity, sales, profitability, headcount) strategic business units (SBUs) by reviewing annual, monthly, weekly, and daily projections against actual results; preparing financial analyses and reports to understand and explain business trends and performance; monitoring category markdown budget; reviewing and approving markdown proposals; developing prioritized markdown recommendations for executive leadership when markdowns exceed budget; aligning category inventory and turn plans; and preparing inventory projections, financial analyses, and reports to understand and explain business trends and performance.
- Partners with executive leadership to develop, align, and implement the division's financial and business strategy by modeling, analyzing, and evaluating the impact of key variables (for example, seasonal events, assortment mix, market dynamics) on divisional performance and risk exposure; analyzing historical information; translating insights from customers, suppliers, and team members into tactical and actionable business plans; reviewing and approving markdown proposals; ensuring corrections of error are documented and incorporated into future business decisions and promotional strategies; providing guidance to cross-functional leadership (for example, directors, senior managers, merchants) to deliver divisional and company results (for example, sales, profit, market share, turns); and communicating exceptions, risks, and recommended actions to senior leadership, executives and other key stakeholders.
- Advises cross-functional leadership on inventory, supply chain, and merchandising best practices by serving as a subject matter expert for replenishment, pricing, planning, and business analytics; providing guidance on global projects; translating best practices into business processes; serving as an advisor on global cross-functional projects; translating best practices into functional business solutions; and educating stakeholders on supply chain practices and initiatives.
- Develops and drives the inventory, business, and merchandising strategies across multiple complex (for example, seasonality, workload complexity, sales, profitability, headcount) strategic business units (SBUs) by developing financial and strategic plans; aligning strategies with cross-functional partners (for example, Logistics, merchants); ensuring resources and capabilities are in place to execute the strategic vision; overseeing analyses, risk assessment, and modeling on strategic plans; leveraging interdependencies across inventory, forecast models, and supply chain variables that impact business performance; evaluating and altering strategies to ensure inventory purchases meet demand for SBUs sales; driving the integration of improvements into business processes and strategies; and presenting strategies to executive leadership.
- Builds and oversees the common vision and long-term pricing strategy across multiple complex (for example, seasonality, workload complexity, sales, profitability, headcount) strategic business units (SBUs) by building performance metrics and expectations for the department; aligning resources based on business needs to support SBUs; influencing and gaining support from executive merchandising leadership to ensure metrics for sales, initial margin, markup and markdown, and profitability are achieved; communicating the corporate pricing vision; proposing recommendations to incorporate retail industry economic benchmarks and trends into divisional strategies; determining progress against three to five year targets and adjusting strategy accordingly; and analyzing trends in financial performance and external market factors to proactively align resources to address future challenges. Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning. Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Retail Management, Economics, or related field and 6 years' experience in retail management, financial planning, category management, buying, replenishment, operations, or related field OR 8 years' experience in retail management, financial planning, category management, buying, replenishment, operations, or related field. 4 years' supervisory experience or experience leading a cross-functional team.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Profit and Loss (P&L) Accountability, Retail Math, WalmartMasters: Business Administration
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.