Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Walmart is looking for a Senior Director II, Operations and Implementation to join the team as we continue and accelerate operational excellence in our Supply Chain. This role would provide both the strategic and tactical implementation of Total Productive Maintenance PM Pillar principles and methodologies within the broader TPM journey application for our Distribution, Fulfillment and Transportation networks.
The Senior Director II, Operations and Implementation will be a key player in the standardization of maintenance practices, leading technical and cultural transformation and providing thought leadership. Additional responsibilities include:
- Create an operationally excellent maintenance organization
- Able to understand strategies to establish the most efficient methods to achieve equipment reliability at ideal costs
- Oversees multiple complex projects and programs by utilizing operations expertise for the development and improvement of project and program initiatives.
- Oversees the alignment of business initiatives and the support segment strategy by identifying, aligning, and managing interdependencies across implementation portfolio ; assessing capacity and resources and adjusting prioritization and assignments based on strategy; ensuring support segment expertise is incorporated into business initiatives; designing initiative operationalization within support segment frameworks ; and providing guidance to ensure the target associate and customer experience is identified and represented throughout the portfolio.
- Oversees the management of leadership methodology and operational processes and procedures across multiple functions by evaluating key business components in order to assess current performance standards; identifying areas of improvement; developing improvement solutions; ensuring methodologies, processes, and procedures are simple and executable with manageable roll out plans; consulting with cross-functional teams to gain alignment on improvement solutions; ensuring methodologies, processes, and procedures are sustainable for future use; and communicating changes and solutions to key stakeholders to gain buy-in.
- Manages prioritization, alignment, and execution strategy of various projects for operations function by overseeing the project execution road map for initiatives that impact daily operations; evaluating the project pilot data in order to identify issues and concerns ; overseeing the adaptation and resolution development and ensuring they are incorporated into the project execution plan; prioritizing initiatives and communicating the prioritization to the cross-functional stakeholders; evaluating project execution results and determining necessary project changes; and reporting project status and results to stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have deep knowledge of operational excellence in a manufacturing, transportation, supply chain and/or operations environment or similar industries.
- You have the ability to manage teams; influence and communicate effectively with key stakeholders.
- You have experience in TPM and skillset around maintenance processes for top world class organizations.
- You learn and adapt quickly and are excellent at working on multiple cross-functional projects concurrently.
- You are a problem solver and creative thinker who can derive the long term aspiration by building quick wins on key focus areas
- You understand what it means to own a project. Passionate and attentive self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. Butyou'llquickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us andyou'lldiscover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement.From day one,you'llbe empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates,customersand the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding,respectingand valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Technology, Supply Chain, Communications, or related field and 7 years' experience in retail, production, operations management, or related area OR 9 years' experience in retail, production, operations management, or related area. 4 years' supervisory experience.
Microsoft Office, Project Management, Walmart, Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: Business Administration
601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.