Builds and oversees the long-term pricing strategy across strategic business units by aligning department strategy with overall corporate strategy; evaluating pricing from a corporate standpoint; building performance metrics and expectations for the department; aligning resources based on business needs to support strategic business units; communicating the corporate pricing vision; proposing recommendations for incorporating retail industry economic benchmarks and trends into divisional strategies; prioritizing and making trade offs across departments to optimize the total performance of the business unit , determining progress against three to five year targets; and adjusting strategy accordingly.
Ensures the implementation of effective pricing strategies for all strategic business units by providing guidance on interactions with different areas of the company; evaluating pricing gaps by competitor and department; evaluating the impact of inflation and deflation on pricing; participating in the negotiation of customer savings initiatives with suppliers; evaluating justification for increase and decrease of cost components for consistency and validity; and reviewing joint business plans.
Oversees the analysis of performance of the current pricing strategy for all categories with management guidance by reviewing current information on sales, profits, margins, in-stock, mark-up, and mark-down; and maintaining up-to-date statistics based on defined performance metrics.
Oversees the benchmarking of competitor margins against company margins to ensure fair supplier pricing by evaluating trade fund allocation and cost components; obtaining cost increase justifications; and conducting market track analysis to determine on-sale and off-sale mix of competitors.
Oversees financial planning and results for strategic business units by sponsoring cross-functional projects to meet strategic financial plans; approving department budget and goals; aligning strategic business unit goals to divisional goals; influencing and gaining support from executive merchandising leadership to ensure metrics for sales, initial margin, markup and markdown, and profitability are achieved; anticipating and managing exceptions to financial plans; analyzing trends in financial performance and external market factors to align resources to address future challenges; integrating results of team analytics to influence strategic business unit team decisions; and communicating objectives and results of operation internally and externally.
Oversees the execution of promotional pricing strategies for assigned strategic business units by collaborating with cross-functional partners to create promotional strategies and events; participating in item selections and pricing validation; validating item information and advertised pricing; evaluating item selections and ensuring consistency and compliance with applicable laws, company philosophy, and pricing strategies; determining needed changes; determining solutions to adapt to changing business needs ; utilizing systems to enter item data; collaborating with internal teams to ensure system functionality; troubleshooting system issues; ensuring system functionality at store-level and resolving issues.
Oversees the development of pricing personnel by providing training on pricing strategy processes and tools; and preparing and teaching boot camp; reviewing and providing feedback on pricing strategies; and assisting in preparation of analytics. Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning. Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business, Marketing, or related field and 7 years’ experience in merchandising, retail pricing, sourcing, operations management, finance, marketing, or related area OR 9 years’ experience in merchandising, retail pricing, sourcing, operations management, finance, marketing, or related area.
Financial Strategy, Marketing, Merchandising, Microsoft Office, Supervising Associates, Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: Accounting, Masters: Economics, Masters: Finance, Masters: Marketing
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America