Senior Frontend Engineer - Walmart Brands
Los Angeles, CA
What you'll do at
Walmart,in an effort toensure the number 1 spot in retail and eCommerce, has and continues to make a commitment to innovation. We do this in two ways; through incubation and acquisition_of_new and innovative technology companies, addingnew brands to our familyeach and everyyear. The goal here is to allow these brands to grow organically with the backing of the worlds largest retailer, to live by our motto of "Save Money, Live better. We are currently supporting brands including Bonobos,Jetblack, IRL, Franklin, Hayneedle, Art.com, Spatial&, Jet.com and many more. Weare located inNew York, the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, Omaha, Los Angeles and Hoboken.
Heres some inside info from business insider on Walmart Brands:
What You'll D**o**
We need engineers to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platforms in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Walmart and our family of brands from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general.
You will be workingwith technical leads, engineers, designers, business analysts and operations teams to develop dynamic client-side web applications across most areas of our business working on prototyping and developing new ideas and participate in all parts of the lifecycle from research to release.
- Will owndeliverablesfor our web apps and front end
- Is a self-starter with a can do attitude who can take ownership of projects and drive them tocompletion.
- Isdetail and results oriented with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Has some familiarity with current development tools such as Jenkins,Git, bower, gems,npmandbundles.
- Hasinterest in start-up environments, and the desire to be a part of the next big thing
- 4+ years of applicable industry experience
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Software Eng., Mathematics, or related field is preferred.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.