Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 55%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability and everything in between.
Walmart is going upstream and working on a completely different sourcing model than weve ever done before. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the new, and growing, Walmart Beef Supply Chain Team that Walmart is developing in tandem with key industry partners.
As a Senior Manager of Beef Sales and Procurement, your expertise, vision and strategy will allow you to see the products you source come to life in stores and online. Leveraging your advocacy and negotiation skills with the access and scale of the Walmart system, youll make a direct impact on the business and help families all over the world save money and live better. Along the way, youll be guided by our deep-rooted culture and have the support and tools you need to do your job, learn, grow and succeed.
What youll do
As a Senior Manager of Beef Sales and Procurement, you will be part of a cross-functional buying matrix team, establish strategy and manage budgets to drive profitable growth, develop robust partnerships with suppliers, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience. You know your supplier and customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business. Success in this role requires tenacity, an analytical mindset, influence, and a competitive spirit. Youll use your executive presence to work with suppliers at all levels and navigate interesting, complex challenges.
Youll make an impact by performing the following responsibilities:
- Influences and drives the overall sales strategy to ensure highest valuation of residual beef by directing sales and the management of key accounts; negotiating and purchasing any sub-primal need that is not met with internal supply chain; managing outside purchases needed to meet stringent specifications and procurement guidelines; ensuring partners deliver on agreed contractual terms; and overseeing the exception approval process
- Manages demand planning and analysis to drive business performance by designing and developing processes to monitor and forecast projected case ready demand versus projected animal processing schedule; working proactively with external meat buyers; developing weekly reconciliation of forecasted residual to actual residual; and developing relationships with internal buying and replenishment teams, fabrication plants, and case ready plant
- Manages the execution for new residual beef business and projects by developing, monitoring, and adjusting timelines, tasks, and analysis of resource allocation; collaborating with internal teams on new concepts and determining their business impact; identifying potential risks of programs or projects; tracking and ensuring resolution of critical issues; providing informational presentations; managing stakeholder expectations; and developing implementation materials
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But youll quickly find were a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the worlds most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, youll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Business or related field and 2 years experience in buying, financial planning, replenishment management, retail operations management, or related field OR 3 years experience in buying, financial planning, replenishment management, retail operations management, or related field. 1 years experience working with specialized software packages.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Merchandising, Microsoft Office, Negotiating Skills, Profit and Loss (P&L) Responsibility, Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 55%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.