Senior Manager, Business Development and Partnerships - Fashion
What you'll do at
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The Business Development Senior Manager, Fashion Group, at Walmart eCommerce is responsible for supporting the effort to identify, explore and shape partnership opportunities to expand our fashion business, foster internal and external collaboration, and partner with leadership to drive key strategic initiatives. Ultimately, your goal is to help transform the face of the Fashion Group at Walmart eCommerce.
The Business Development Senior Manager, Fashion, will be a part of the Fashion Group and will play an integral role in identifying, prioritizing, crafting, and building partnership opportunities within the fashion categories at Walmart eCommerce. This position reports to the VP of Strategy and Business Development, Fashion Group, and will work closely with leaders in Fashion eCommerce Management, Operations, Business Development, and Walmart corporate teams.
- Assist the Fashion Group General Managers and the VP of Strategy & Business Development on a broad range of strategic initiatives and partnerships that help shape the future of the Fashion category
- Identify, prioritize, and structure partnership and acquisition opportunities with Fashion brands and retailers to support the Walmart eCommerce Fashion Group goals
- Model the financial (P&L, cashflow and balance sheet) impact of various opportunities and lead development of analytical frameworks/models to measure effectiveness of business development
- Build long-term strategic partnerships and ensuring meeting business development financial goals for 3 year plan
- Assist in negotiations of key terms and partnership contracts
- Partner with cross-functional teams (including Category, Analytics, Planning, Finance, etc.) to develop new business models and opportunities to support the Fashion Group
- Research and analyze the competitive landscape to understand and influence market trends that are shaping the industry and identify opportunities for growth and differentiation
- Project manage internal initiatives that cross multiple categories and ensure alignment across Fashion leadership
- Lead, coach and mentor team members and provide feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance
Youre a risk takera dreamer that delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know whats happening in the fashion world. You have a passion for innovation at the intersection of Fashion and eCommerce.You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- Strong business acumen
- Analytical and deductive reasoning skills
- Strong financial modeling skills (P&L, cashflow, balance sheet)
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
- Creative problem solver that can deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
- Entrepreneurial mindset: belief in bold ideas and the power of creative thinking to get to yes
- Bias for action: desire to test concepts in the field quickly
- Deep passion for Fashion and eCommerce and customer-centric mindset
- Great team player and collaborator
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships
- Proven strength in both oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior management and large groups in a professional, concise and direct manner
- Fundamentally kind to others
- Ability to model Walmart's three core values: Respect for the individual, Service to our customers, Strive for excellence
- The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
- Ability to clearly state a vision to team members and then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
- Strategy consulting / investment banking experience
- Business development / partnerships experience in retail, fashion, ecommerce preferred
Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Join our family and build a career youre proud of.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.