Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Job Title Senior Manager I, Advanced Analytics
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. In this role, you will be focused in leading a team to build advanced analytical models/tools to help optimize the flow of products across Walmart's supply chain. Part visionary and part strategist, you'll be the expert to build world class replenishment and supply chain process/models and leverage the scale and access of the Walmart system to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide. Along the way, you'll be guided by our deep-rooted culture with the support and tools you need to do your best work.
Essential Functions /Responsibilities
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Collaboration: Partners with own team/cross functional team to solve for end to end supply chain needs to support optimized ordering and inventory flow for Walmart Stores & e-Commerce
Collaborates with leadership to develop consultative solutions for complex projects for small business area, category, or prototype. Engage cross-functionally across teams (product, merchant, fulfillment, finance) to develop organization level Supply Chain solutions with Directors, Senior Directors & VP.
Project Scope: Owns the management and development of multiple workstreams such as creating normalized data structures, gathering data working with supply chain partners and providing recommendations based on analytical framework created to solve supply chain needs. Also manage the development of ordering models to drive efficient and optimized end to end flow of products across omni supply chain from supplier to distribution center to customers.
Manages, guides, and coaches a team of analysts and senior analysts to develop end to end forecasting, replenishment, capacity and flow management, and supply chain solutions.
- Design, sustain, manage & improve mathematical models to build data driven decision making systems/processes for optimizing the ordering from suppliers and enabling efficient flow of inventory across the supply chain.
- Design normalized data structures with a team, gather supply chain requirements data across multiple stake holders (suppliers, carriers, distribution etc) and develop optimization models to recommend a balanced inbound order flow model from suppliers to Walmart's distribution centers.
- Develops and manages the advanced replenishment and safety stock models to drive the right target inventory across assortments to improve customer Service level, Turns etc.
- Develops and continuously improves advanced forecast models using Machine Learning models to capture different demand patterns (seasonality, event driven sales, price driven sales etc) . Drive improvements in forecasting models to improve accuracy of forecast.
- Manage the development of mathematical models in R/Python to optimize inbound truck loads from supplier to fulfillment centers
- Develops optimization models with cross functional teams to synchronize inbound and outbound flow of products from Walmart's supply chain to reduce deadhead miles and reduce transportation expense
Proof of Concept and Prototype: Manages the development, testing, deployment and day-to-day implementation of production-ready algorithms in Python/R/CPLEX. Leads a team to assist in replenishment ordering model with programming languages and version control systems (e.g., SQL, R, Python, Git). Manages consolidation of big data sets with millions of records, determine the optimal inventory order quantity to balance customer experience and company's operating costs. Leverage virtual machines to productionize scripts to efficiently execute tens of thousands purchase orders every week, fulfilling inventory across the entire U.S. Stores and eCommerce network. Apply quantitative Inventory management principles and concepts to design replenishment models prototypes for calculating cycle stock, safety etc. to optimize inventory costs.
Collaborates with Advanced Analytics experts, merchant domain experts, and engineering to lead end-to-end management of Supply Chain algorithms and prototypes for automated decision-making.
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Manages, identifies, and executes the best data pull, data analysis and evaluation strategies to address complex business problems via SQL, Alteryx, Advance Excel (Powerpivot & VBA), Tableau and Tableau Prep. Coaches the team in the best practices of performing data collection and data analysis.
- Makes strategic recommendations to leadership (Directors/ Senior Directors/ VP) based on data analysis
- Owns the design, and development of building scalable data architecture & pipelines across data warehouses (SQLServer, Teradata, etc.) using SQL to efficiently maintain years of historical data and allow analysts to easily access the data for analyses and modeling.
- Manges the development of normalized databases to store structured /transactional data efficiently; in addition to developing big data solutions using Google Big query to support unstructured data.
- Manages the development and design of data visualization and reports for key metrics in Supply Chain inventory management: Item In-stock, Inventory Turns, Excess Inventory, Purchase Order Visibility, Vendor Purchase Order Transportation & Shipment status, Fulfilment Centre Capacity, Forecasts, etc.
- Supports the experienced team members with the development of data analysis strategies and participates in strategy development
- Owns the development of Business Intelligence tools with a team such as Tableau Dashboards, automated report creation and distribution, Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) solutions like SSAS.
Business Partnerships: Works cross-functionally with senior leadership across Merchants, Supply Chain, Fulfillment & Finance to discuss and understand key business goals, objectives, hypothesis, around current and future business issues. Researches, strategizes, and develops analytical quantitative solutions for these business issues. Provides recommendations, guidance and actionable insights to Director/ Senior Directors to prepare a final solution. Act as subject-matter-expert in Supply Chain Planning & Advanced Analytics and provide high-level solutions. Presents the high-priority solution with senior leadership and get cross-functional alignment on team goals.
Cascades the analytical solution and frameworks down to the team and cross-functional peers to formulate long term analytical tools, algorithms, and quantitative solutions. Manage the implementation of the solution models with the team.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
Customer/Member Centered: Meet Internal and External Customer/Member Needs - Identifies the requirements, expectations, and needs of customers/members. Supports and aligns with initiatives, goals, and actions focused on improving customer/member service. Addresses the concerns and issues of internal and external customers/members. Uses customer/member data, analyses, and insights to improve customer/member-related decisions.
Judgment: Demonstrate Professional Judgment - Researches and integrates relevant information and data, and uses expertise to make recommendations or decisions. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Uses business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities. Probes and looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems and identify possible solutions.
Execution and Results: Focus on Execution and Results - Aligns and pursues work activities to achieve the mission and business priorities of the organization. Shares information, practices, and resources across functions, organizations, and locations to improve performance. Effectively uses existing processes and tools to achieve performance objectives. Uses and explains major process steps to manage time, resources, and challenges to meet goals.
Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Performance - Develops and implements plans, practices, and processes to better achieve organizational goals. Develops contingency plans to manage or eliminate potential problems. Identifies and recommends ways to continually improve and streamline processes and practices.
Influence and Communicate: Build Influence - Develops and presents logical, convincing reasons in support of one's perspectives and initiatives. Proactively shares relevant information and timely updates with appropriate people. Listens attentively and asks questions to ensure understanding. Researches information for and prepares documents and presentations that effectively convey relevant information in a timely manner.
Ethics and Compliance: Model Ethics and Compliance - Complies with policies and procedures. Demonstrates ethical performance. Supports efforts to enforce compliance with policies and procedures.
Adaptability: Adapt Professionally - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates and shares knowledge and skills to keep current in one's area of expertise. Embraces change and supports its implementation.
Build Relationships: Form Relationships - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional and organizational boundaries. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Collaborates with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and functional areas to discover new perspectives
Bachelor's degree in one of the discipline (Industrial Engineering, Operational Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Supply Chain Management or related field) with 4-5 years' experience in data analytics in retail/supply chain industry. (OR) Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operational Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Supply Chain Management or related field with 3 years' experience in data analytics in retail/supply chain industry.
Expert-level querying skills using SQL languages such as SQL or Hive or Presto.
- Strong skills in visualization tools such as Tableau (Calculated field, parameters).
- Superior communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills with the ability to leverage PowerPoint to create an impactful, concise presentation.
- Expert-level skills in Excel or Access, and PowerPoint
- Managing multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously.
- This role will be business-facing, a person should be able to communicate technical terms and ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in R or Python in manipulating large data sets.
- Experience in the application of statistical methods such as the general linear model, ANOVA, decision trees, linear regression, Bayesian, clustering/ML techniques and analysis.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 3 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 5 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis, Statistical programming languages (for example, SAS, R)Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
121 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030-5989, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.