Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
The Walmart fraud strategy team is looking for a product manager responsible for building and enhancing the next generation fraud solutions for our expanding business.
The Senior Product Manager Fraud Strategy is a product leadership role that manages the roadmap, prioritization, backlog, and implementation efforts across the various workstreams driving our fraud prevention efforts. As part of the Customer Care Defect Reduction team, you will drive collaboration across an array of business and tech organizations. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Fraud Strategy, you'll lead your business partners in planning, executing, and measuring the impact of initiatives to reduce fraud losses and create an enhanced customer experience. You will be charged with achieving business goals and driving growth and innovation, with a focus on developing solutions that serve Walmart across multiple business channels. As the torchbearer for understanding the fraud platform capabilities being developed across the customer organization, you'll influence and lead your business partners to help achieve best-in-class industry fraud goals.
You'll make an impact by:
- Lead planning and prioritization of projects to achieve fraud goals.
- Collaborate with internal business, engineering, data scientist teams and external partners.
- Represent the defect reduction organization to align on prioritization and develop business cases for resourcing.
- Drive accuracy of implementation by understanding the goals and processes of the customer care and fraud business.
- Foster an environment of transparency that enables various teams to execute quickly towards common goals.
- Skilled at diplomacy and aligning stakeholders with competing priorities, including senior leaders.
- Setting the vision, roadmap, and direction for the fraud strategy features and products
- Provide status reports for fraud initiatives and optimize spend to refocus budget as needed
- Work closely with engineering teams to understand their roadmap / capabilities and assess their availability for moving initiatives forward.
- Advocate planning and continuous improvement by setting and communicating clear and aligned goals and monitoring progress. Develop and implement plans and practices to ensure others have the information, resources, implementation time, and talent needed to succeed.
- Direct analysis and reporting of strategic data to drive innovation and exploration of new product development opportunities.
- Undertake data analysis and validation including troubleshooting of issues as they arise.
- Communicate with precision, economy of expression and an innate ability to reduce complexity.
- Deep understanding of product management as a practice and experience with running product scrums with engineers and data scientists
- Understanding of ML models for attribution, RPC prediction, bids generation.
- Prior experience with fraud or risk product management or related field.
- Understanding of ecommerce technologies, call center process flows, and fraud prevention tactics.
- Strong analytical capabilities to assess impact of various initiatives using experimentation capabilities.
- Proven ability to influence at all levels of management.
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with partners, engineers and data scientists.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to cater messages to the audience including all levels of the organization (from executives to engineers at implementation level).
- Comfortable defining and owning the accountability related to a portfolio of work which contains both incremental gains and game-changing big bets.
- Experience driving large cross-organizational projects with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 4 + years' experience in product management, management consulting, or relevant eCommerce business functions.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
About Customer Care
Walmart's Customer Care team is committed to identifying and visualizing customer defects and friction, and to elevating the voice of the customer to drive meaningful improvements. This role will underpin efforts to transform customers' Walmart shopping experience by making customer data and insights easy to access and understand, and by identifying and measuring customer experience improvement opportunities.
We are looking for a customer- and data-obsessed individual who thrives in ambiguity, has innate curiosity to explore and learn, and has a passion for data. The work you lead will touch millions of customers across our online and stores experiences.
Our team has broad reach, high exposure, and deep impact. We work cross-functionally across many areas of the business (think: supply chain, store operations, product, marketing, finance, customer care) and get a unique view of what it takes to run a successful omni-channel retailer
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 2 years' experience in product management, or related field OR 5 years' experience in product management, or related fields.
Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements., Leading product or solution developmentMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.