Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
About Walmart Global People
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 1.3M+ associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design and change management. From building communities to preparing Walmart for the future, to be a member of this team is to operate as a vital component to our sustainable success. Together, we think beyond the status-quo and inspire others to evoke positive change. When you join us in Global People, you immerse yourself in our culture, becoming a trailblazer and a true agent of influence.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You are comfortable with change and have strong change management experience
- You're familiar with balancing many activities simultaneously and have the agility to re-prioritize tasks as required
- You're not comfortable with the status quo but instead are constantly looking to improve outcomes
- You have strong business acumen and the ability to think systematically and holistically
- You have great listening skills, critical thinking skills, and solution-articulation skills
- You have strong stakeholder management skills
- You have PMP and/or Six Sigma Certifications
You'll make an impact by
- Driving strategy and innovation to improve workforce management related user experiences by evaluating the current competitive; analyzing future trends and forecasts in related fields; constructing artifacts outlining present conditions and proposed solutions; designing transitional road maps for the future or clarifying existing user experience frameworks for small- to-medium-sized project portfolios; and presenting information within and across the organization to gain strategic alignment.
- Managing the development and evaluation of business tools and core statistical models by understanding complex business needs and scope of work; determining and using best practices; designing tools, statistical models, and reporting infrastructure; building and/or providing guidance on building data infrastructure, databases, and tools; determining the business impact of data infrastructure, databases, and tools; testing and evaluating pilot solutions before implementation; verifying results; and interpreting data and results into actionable initiatives for business partners.
- Managing project execution by ensuring compliance with project procedures and guidelines; advising on, executing, and documenting organizational practices and company, legal, and regulatory policies and procedures; and evaluating and responding to issues and concerns regarding analytics practices and procedures.
- Driving data analytics for workforce planning governance by directing the gathering of data; assessing data validity and usability; ensuring data accuracy; applying business measures and analyzes to identify improvement opportunities; synthesizing data into large analytics datasets to support project goals; utilizing big data analytics and advanced data mining techniques to analyze data; identifying trends, patterns, and discrepancies in data; determining additional data needed to support insights; translating results into business actions; developing recommendations regarding the application of insights to business strategies; developing creative solutions within business areas that reduce cost or meet business goals; and presenting insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Providing supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field and 3 years' experience in data management, business analytics, statistics, or related area OR 5 years' experience in data analysis, statistics, computer science, or related area
- Strong communications, partnership, and organizational skills
- Excellent judgment and executive presence and the ability to interface with and influence senior executives
LIVE OUR VALUES
- Culture Champion: Models Walmart values to support and foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Servant Leadership: Acts as a servant leader, consistently demonstrating humility, self-awareness, honesty, and transparency.
- Curiosity & Courage: Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
- Digital Transformation & Change: Drives continuous improvement, supports digital disruption in line with Walmart's business model, and leverages new digital tools, technology, and ways of working.
DELIVER FOR THE CUSTOMER
- Customer Focus: Delivers results while putting the customer first, consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
- Strategic Thinking: Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans or executing work assignments.
FOCUS ON OUR ASSOCIATES
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Supports strategies and initiatives that identify, attract, and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives.
- Collaboration & Influence: Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; communicates with impact and demonstrates energy and positivity to influence and inspire.
- Talent Management: Creates a focus around developing talent, contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers others to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we're reinventing the shopping experience and our associates are at the heart of it. You'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and create a career you're proud of.
Walmart's global headquarters are in Northwest Arkansas, ranked consistently in the top 5 best places to live in the country with the fastest growing economy through 2021! The area has transformed from a small town to a center of higher education, culture, commerce and entrepreneurialism. Nestled in the Ozark Mountains, NW Arkansas attracts outdoorsy types with its abundance of state parks, acres of community green space, playgrounds, parks and walking trails. The metro area also boasts a first-class performing arts center, an active local food movement, live music venues and a dynamic festival scene. Join a fast-growing and evolving environment of arts and culture!
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field and 3 years' experience in data management, business analytics, statistics, or related area OR 5 years' experience in data analysis, statistics, computer science, or related area.
Masters: Analytics, Masters: Computer ScienceProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma Black Belt - Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt - Certification
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.