Creates sales strategy and builds a culture of collaboration to achieve the customer's (for example, large supplier accounts such as Unilever or Coca Cola, or multiple small to medium supplier accounts such as Whirlpool, SharkNinja, or Hallmark) sales targets within the annual operating plan by building plans to achieve internal annual objectives across various areas (for example, product management, platform, operations, finance, marketing, research, strategy, and sales) for the customer; creating a sales strategy for a supplier or region with a minimum sales target (for example, $10M+); ensuring alignment with internal and external constituents; collaborating with internal and external stakeholders (for example, merchandising heads, general managers, category managers, buyers, marketers, suppliers, and agencies); identifying the ideal product solution set (for example, web and social advertising, print, ) and learning agenda to drive the customer's (for example, marketer, supplier) business forward; defining the revenue target for the customer in tandem with internal stakeholders (for example, e-Commerce and Store Merchandising, Marketing); scaling automation efforts through self-serve and application programming interface (API) options; and forecasting and analyzing client need to quantify and prioritizing the requirements to industry managers.
Builds, leads, and develops a team with a minimum team size (for example 10 or more associates) by providing direction and guidance to associates on career development; conducting weekly touch bases; providing constructive feedback to associates to enhance skills, knowledge, brand perception, institutional knowledge, and work performance; conducting performance and career development conversations; and engaging and mentoring less experienced individual contributors in junior levels. Oversees and is responsible for financial results in area of responsibility (for example, large supplier accounts such as Unilever or Coca-Cola or, multiple small to medium supplier accounts such as Whirlpool, SharkNinja, or Hallmark) by closing, delivering, up-selling and driving results for the marketer/supplier within an annual partnership; constructing clear learning agenda with results-driven strategies that can help scale other marketers/suppliers; tracking against key performance metrics; creating a category playbook in partnership with other team members (for example, Team leads from other accounts) to demonstrate how both large and medium-sized marketers can leverage Walmart offerings; and crafting conference-worthy case studies that demonstrate the approach, solution provided, success story and results achieved by the marketer.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Consumer Psychology, or related field and 6 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field OR 9 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field.
Brand advertising (for example, TV or video, sponsorship), media sales, customer acquisition and growth, search, mobile and online sales, Brand management, brand development, brand marketing, or brand investment, Managing high performing teams, Self-service platforms, API knowledge, SAAS, search, programmatic, API-based selling, or auction-platform dynamics, Strategic Advisor working with C-Level ClientsMasters: Advertising, Masters: Business, Masters: Marketing, Masters: Psychology
121 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030-5989, United States of America