This Business Development role is a client-facing sales position that will develop new data commercialization business opportunities within the Walmart Data Ventures organization. You will be responsible for identifying and generating external leads, then moving these opportunities through the sales pipeline from prospect to contract. In this process you will partner with internal stakeholders such as the Product, Operations and Technology teams to support your business development efforts. As the business matures, this role will continue to evolve.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, or related field and 4 years’ experience in business development, market development, product development, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in business development, market development, product development, or related area.
• Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, or related field
• 10+ years’ sales experience in SaaS, data, analytics, and associated services
• 10+ years’ sales experience selling to CPG and Retail
• 5+ years’ sales experience in new business development
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Master's Degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
125 S CLARK STREET, CHICAGO, IL 60603-0000, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.