Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men
What you'll do...
Manages the preparation of annual budget activities by reviewing the preliminary budgets for Finance and support departments; analyzing and consolidating preliminary budgets; providing recommendations to senior management for final budget approval; and preparing annual budget report presented to senior management. Oversees financial reports, balance sheet accounts, and financial audits for business areas by analyzing financial data; comparing data with third-party information, budgets, or actual results; researching and reviewing research of balance sheet account variances; discussing business impacts to the profit and loss within accounting rules (for example, generally accepted accounting principles); ensuring audits are managed for timelines and accuracy; and facilitating the relationship between team, internal customers, and external specialists. Manages accounting operations by researching emerging trends and standards of external governing bodies; utilizing knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting standards to perform financial statement analysis and accounting; identifying, correcting, and reporting discrepancies in financial statements and accounting transactions through documentation to ensure compliance with government reporting requirements and statutory filing procedures; and collaborating with external stakeholders to review and validate financial documentation. Ensures reporting compliance by reviewing to ensure consistent application of policies, rules, and regulations; reviewing, evaluating, and interpreting internal financial statements and supporting documentation for compliance with accounting and reporting regulations and ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events. Live our Values Culture Champion
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance. Servant Leadership
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent. Embrace Change Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks. Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working. Deliver for the Customer Customer Focus
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans. Strategic Thinking
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy. Focus on our Associates Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs. Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action. Talent Management
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area OR 6 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area. 1 year's supervisory experience.
Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Masters: Business Administration
Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men