Are you passionate about sustainability and renewable energy? Are you looking for the opportunity to drive significant and lasting improvements in environmental and social outcomes? We would love to hear from you! Together, we have an opportunity to shape the future.
Walmart is on a path to 100% renewable energy and zero emissions across its U.S. operations, which includes our stores, clubs, distribution centers, and truck fleet. We’ll achieve this by making smart decisions that are environmentally responsible and respect the communities we operate in.
As a Sr. Manager II, Energy Services you’ll be responsible for on-site/behind the meter renewables including origination of new project portfolios and managing and reporting on existing operating assets.
We are looking for individuals who have the following skill sets and experiences:
Have 3 plus years’ experience in US Energy markets
Are skilled in contract & asset management experience
Thrive in Project Management with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization
Who are experts in financial modeling, negotiation and transaction experience
Have proven experience in renewable financial due diligence (portfolio and project level analysis)
Manages the reduction and management of energy and utility expenses in the assigned region by implementing and directing energy saving programs; calculating estimated cost savings and return on investment; preparing proposals for implemented energy efficiency procedures; researching, educating, and coordinating energy interdepartmental and external agency saving efforts; and providing energy consumption data during facility planning and construction phases.
Monitors utility rates decisions by performing or coordinating in-depth rate and pricing analyses; reviewing final utility contracts; leading negotiations on unique contracts; and preparing contracts for approval by executives.
Manages energy costs and ensures adequate power by identifying and documenting opportunities for and securing energy credits and rebates offered by states; organizing work requested by utility companies during emergency situations to prevent power loss; identifying power factor penalties through billing and recommending installation of capacitors and co-generation to improve the power factor and reduce costs; researching rates and tariffs to ensure proper rates are applied (for example, ensuring economic development incentives and riders have been applied, ensuring rate changes and usage reductions in vacant buildings have been implemented); and reviewing tenant subleases for proper allocation of utility expenses and securing appropriate reimbursements.
Monitors the regulatory and legislation influencing process by identifying, reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting legislation, regulations and policy issues related to renewable and sustainable energy, and greenhouse gas emissions; drafting initial comments, rebuttals, and briefs; securing and directing outside legal counsel and technical consultants to assist in preparing and presenting Walmart's position; intervening in the legislative and litigation processes; communicating in congressional, administrative, and regulatory testimony; proposing solutions to management; and ensuring testimony and briefs are prepared and submitted on time after securing approvals.
Leads sustainable and renewable energy opportunities and initiatives by developing overall strategies; identifying, reviewing, intervening, and participating in state and federal policy and regulatory proceedings; directing the development and maintenance of the tracking system for reporting progress in renewable or sustainable energy legislation and regulation proceedings involving Walmart; traveling to meet with regulatory agencies; and monitoring and managing energy and sustainability affairs in selected international arenas.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business, Finance, or related field and 4 years’ experience in utility operations or related area OR 6 years’ experience in utility operations or related area.
Building technology platforms, Negotiating Skills, Operations, Project Management, Supervising AssociatesMasters, Masters: Business, Masters: FinanceProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Utility - Certified Energy Manager - Certification
2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America