Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
About Walmart Global People
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 2.3M+ global associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design, and change management. From building communities to preparing Walmart for the future, to be a member of this team is to operate as a vital component to our sustainable success. Together, we think beyond the status-quo and inspire others to evoke positive change. When you join us in Global People, you immerse yourself in our culture, becoming a trailblazer and a true agent of influence.
As the Senior Manager of the Global People Organization, you will be working directly with senior People leaders to deliver people strategies, lead change, deliver best in class talent pipeline, and leverage data insights to navigate business decisions. Your business partners will lean on you as their executive coach to provide strategic guidance. You will drive change management strategies, champion transformational initiatives, and bring new ideas and innovative approaches to the People agenda.
The ideal candidate for the role will be a collaborative, data-driven, and progressive leader with exceptional business acumen and the ability to translate business challenges into actionable solutions in a highly complex, rapidly evolving environment. You are someone who builds trust and credibility and inspires associates across the Global People Org. You are action-oriented, resourceful and approachable while also having the ability to influence and lead change. You will partner cross-functionally with a broad span of stakeholder relationships across People Segments & Center of Excellence.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have
- The ability to be agile and to make sense of the rapidly increasing amount of data being generated by individuals and organizations
- Organizational design experience that helps transform and optimize orgs. Leading to ensure our workforce plans enable strategic business outcomes
- Strong business acumen and the ability to think systematically and holistically, diagnosing business problems and developing sustainable solutions that is highly focused in overall associate experience
- Digital mindset where we continue to innovate on simplifications of people related processes
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder management experiences
- Great listening skills, critical thinking skills, and solution-articulation skills ability to manage laterally and vertically to create alignment & enhance efficacy of self/team
- Professional curiosity Student of the business mindset
- You have PHR or SPHR or GPHR certifications
You'll make an impact by
- Defining the People strategy to support assigned business area by understanding strategic business goals and objectives; advising on the execution of organizational change initiatives; assessing People implications of various strategies; providing guidance to business leaders on People related issues.
- Driving consistent execution of the company's People practices, systems, and personnel-related activities by auditing People related practices; analyzing and interpreting reports ; creating action plans to resolve instances of non-compliance ; conducting observations and investigations; developing and delivering People methodology and process training programs; and providing advice and consulting for managers.
- Directing People and business data analysis and management by collaborating with cross-functional partners to identify, collect, and analyze data ; conducting data analysis on cross-functional data; identifying and escalating risks and concerns ; interpreting and summarizing data for reports and presentations; making data-driven recommendations; administrating and utilizing Share Point and other collaborative tools; creating and maintaining reports, reporting tools, and templates; and maintaining information security and confidentiality.
- Managing and monitoring compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations and company policies and procedures by keeping current on laws and regulations related to general human resource practices and regulations related to licensure and certification ; implementing and monitoring human resource compliance; implementing action plans to improve performance and reduce instances of non-compliance; and directing the management teams in ensuring confidentiality of information, documentation, and assigned records.
- Driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Providing supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promoting and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and 4 years' experience in human resources or related area OR 6 years'
experience in human resources or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Project Management, SupervisoryHuman Resources - Professional HR (PHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Human Resources - Sr. Professional HR (SPHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.