Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. In this role, you will be focused in on strategic planning (forecasting changing company needs), assessing business models, optimizing workflows and systems analysis. Part visionary and part strategist, you'll be the expert for your category and leverage the scale and access of the Walmart system to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide. Along the way, you'll be guided by our deep-rooted culture with the support and tools you need to do your best work.
What you'll do
- Cost and Term Negotiation Decision Support: Supports buyer with supplier negotiations by providing relevant financial inputs and highlighting risks. Helps determine information needed for each negotiation dossier.
- Data and Digital Acumen: Leverages data analysis tools to explore complex data. Develops and tests hypotheses. Builds and presents insights using visualization tools. Uses visualization tools to represent data and construct coherent stories to influence decisions. Identifies, implements, and drives technology change within scope of own work.
- Budgeting: Develops and makes recommendations on department/category/subcategory/fine-line financial targets. Builds category level bridge plans for a complex category. Enters budget information into the planner financial system for department/category budgets.
- Business Management Decision Support: Owns and consistently updates projections of department, category and subcategory-level forecasts for a complex category and aligns forecasts with cross-functional team input and discussion. Drives discussion in Open to Buy (OTB )/30-60-90 meetings on category business drivers, opportunities, key action plans, and get-well dates. Owns markdown management. Performs vendor analysis (for example, Joint Business Planning) in preparation for negations and Top-to-Top meetings. Executes TAB coverage. Creates the distro for non-basic items aligned to catalogs. Owns daily profit-and-loss tracking and review.
- Category Forecasting: Supports department-level financial forecasts. Builds month-end, profit-and-loss review content to present in meetings with leadership. Supports forecasts at the category level for a complex category. Supports department/category-level forecasting by combining data-driven analytics, trends, business intelligence, known upcoming changes, and headwinds/tailwinds.
- Category/Assortment Strategy Decision Support: Owns and develops recommendations for department/category-level strategy for a complex category and supports execution. Collaborates with buyer to develop department/ category/subcategory/fine-line strategy and makes recommendations to enhance effectiveness. Advises on omni assortment strategy based on insights.
- Feature and Promotion Management: Supports the determination of item quantities for features. Supports merchant partners with analysis on prior feature execution and relevant trends. Provides input on item selection.
- Modular Financial Modeling/Walkthrough Reporting: Supports walkthroughs. Supports identification of mods to be used to build line reviews and supports adjustments based on post-mods analysis. Makes recommendations to merchants. Performs and drives post-modular performance analysis and reporting on merchandise and in-stock opportunities. Identifies effectiveness, key actions, and get-well dates. Presents key financials metrics at modular walkthroughs. Tracks liability for modular ending lifecycle.
- Omni Channel Customer Focus: Makes customer-centric recommendations and decisions across all customer touch points. Constantly incorporates applicable and actionable customer feedback to improve function effectiveness. Understands customer behavior across channels, or within relevant channels (for example, demand trends, buying behaviors, consumption patterns around SKUs). Anticipates customer trends and influences customer demand through deep understanding of customer requirements and depth of category vision.
- Product Development Financial Modeling: Owns guidance on points of distribution and financial impacts of product development issues once units have hit the stores. Oversees unit-level projections as components of Product Development.
- Recapping and Reporting: Supports department/category profit-and-loss review for a complex department/category. Conducts ad hoc analysis as needed and resolves conflicts over prioritization with leaders. Supports hindsight analysis as needed for categories. Provides In-Season reporting and analysis for Key Seasonal Events . Builds department-level Quarterly Business Review with risk/upside ranges with input from category teams and divisional merchandising manager (DMM ).
- Strategic Initiative Decision Support: Determines distribution. Develops financial roll ups. Presents key financials metrics at AE walkthroughs. Executes prioritized highly complex, strategic initiatives from merchant leaders. Conducts highly complex analysis to support strategic initiatives and provides input on actionable insights stemming from analysis.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
You'll Sweep Us Off Our Feet If You Have
- B.S./M.S. in the quantitative discipline required (e.g. mathematics, operations research, statistics, engineering, computer science, finance etc.) or related field
- Expert-level querying skills using SQL languages such as Big Query.
- Strong skills in visualization tools such as Tableau (Calculated field, parameters).
- Superior communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills with the ability to leverage PowerPoint to create an impactful, concise presentation.
- Expert-level skills in Excel or Access, and PowerPoint
- Managing multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- This role will be business-facing, a person should be able to communicate technical terms and ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in R or Python in manipulating large data sets.
- Ability to apply statistical techniques to time series data to interpret the underlying variables impacting sales
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, or related field and 4 years' experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area. OR 6 years' experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area.
2 years' experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Experience with cross-functional teams, Statistical programming languages, SupervisoryMasters: Analytics, Masters: BusinessProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.