Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Want to help invent the future of retail? The Senior Manager II for Last Mile Innovation Drones is a critical leadership role that leverages your natural curiosity and inventive problem-solving talents to anticipate and work on the biggest opportunities in Last Mile.
The Last Mile team works on fulfilling customer demand for everything in the store at the comfort of their home. We want our customers to have every option available to shop for their needs: wherever, whenever, and however they want it.
As the biggest player in the game, Walmart trusts our associates to innovate the future of shopping. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Senior Manager II, Last Mile Innovation Drones role at Walmart could be the fit you've been looking for. This is that place.
- Directs the execution of large-scale, complex projects, work streams, and programs by managing and modifying associated project plans; creating and managing task timelines; formatting and maintaining project data; organizing and facilitating communication materials to ensure successful roll-outs and implementations; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing solutions and contingency plans for issues that have been escalated by project managers; adjusting direction based on project evaluation; and manwork streamst and approving expenditures for assignments where required.
- Provides decision support by sourcing, organizing, analyzing, and interpreting data and information; providing influence and insight on current and future business trends; conducting analyses of initiatives to understand and communicate trends; translating data analysis into recommendations aligned with business objectives; and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop processes and strategies that help meet business goals.
- Manages the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; developing new innovations and tools for site selection and continuously improving selection methodology; leveraging best practices from cross-functional partners to streamline and improve processes; analyzing and interpreting information for one or more initiative work streams to improve business efficiency; developing creative solutions within business areas to reduce costs and meet business goals; ensuring data accuracy; using knowledge and experience of the business to determine what activities must be done by serving as subject matter expert; developing and implementing scorecards and other tracking mechanisms; creating new innovations for store activation; collaborating with and influencing operations and other internal partners in support of strategies; and driving execution to meet metrics through customer service and platform development .
- Manages activities and projects that generate revenue, offset operational expenses, mitigate loss, and allocate or influence budget spending by researching and integrating information and data; applying business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities; analyzing and interpreting information by using various analytical methodologies for one or more initiative work streams to improve business efficiency; developing creative solutions within business areas that reduce costs and meet business goals; using judgment to prioritize assignments; and ensuring data accuracy.
- Directs the execution of large-scale, complex projects, work streams, and programs by managing and modifying associated project plans; creating and managing task timelines; formatting and maintaining project data; organizing and facilitating communication materials to ensure successful roll-outs and implementations; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing solutions and contingency plans for issues that have been escalated by project managers; adjusting direction based on project evaluation; and managing budget and approving expenditures for assignments where required.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are:
Join Walmart and your work could help over 260 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates,customersand the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding,respectingand valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Operations , or related field and 4 years' experience in operations, project management, or related area OR 6 years' experience in operations, project management, or related area. 2 years' supervisory experience.
Leadership of cross-functional task forces or projectsMasters, Masters: Operations ManagementProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.