Personalization team at Walmart is dedicated to the mission of knowing our customers better and making it frictionless and faster for them to get what they want while building a trusted partnership with Walmart. We help bring a seamless experience to our customers irrespective of how and where they engage with us – while shopping online or picking groceries at stores. We thrive to provide each customer with a journey tailored to their individual needs, preferences and routines. We operate at the intersection of huge Walmart assortment, millions of customers, thousands of stores and Walmart associates - a multi-layer multi-objective problem space which has a unique impact on Global customer base and powers assisted AI for our associates.
The Personalization team consists of big data geeks, application engineers, scientists and product visionaries all working together to design, prototype and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of e-commerce. We are focused on building an intelligent system that will enable 1:1 personalized customer experience, from finding the product to delivering it to the customer. We are building state-of-the-art probabilistic models and engineering marvels to serve our customer needs by leveraging cutting edge machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, natural language processing, entity-relationship extraction and knowledge representation. This will span many markets, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for scientists and engineers who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in technologies, but an abundant curiosity to innovate.
You’ll make an impact by:
• Build data-driven platforms and capabilities to power Personalization experiences across site, app, stores, voice commerce.
• Lead a team of talented Software Engineers and Data Engineers to help design, implement, test and launch omni-channel personalized experiences.
• Lead and innovate in building state-of-the-art architecture and systems to ingest, analyze and serve petabytes of customer data from various Walmart channels.
• Collaborate with team leads to deliver end-to-end scalable architecture for cross-functional projects.
• Work closely with business and product stakeholders to define strategy, vision and roadmap for top initiatives in Personalization and Recommendations.
• Lead, mentor, manage, and grow team members while working in an agile environment.
• Actively propose, review and present technical solutions including architecture design, implementation details and customer and business impacting KPIs.
• Actively contribute to research community through participation at conferences, seminar and workshops.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
• You have experience in managing large-scale distributed systems that process large volume of data focusing on scalability, latency, and fault-tolerance.
• You have knowledge of complex software design, distributed system design, design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
• You have experience in building systems that orchestrate and execute complex workflows in big-data leveraging Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, and Hadoop stack in Google Cloud Platform.
• You have expertise in distributed computing on the cloud and can design for scale leveraging all platform services offered by these cloud stacks.
• You have experience in evaluating and fine-tuning systems for speed, robustness, and cost efficiency.
• You have experience in designing features and models from structured and unstructured data.
• You have experience in building datasets, tools, and services supporting big data and analytics operations.
• You are proficient in Java or Scala, Python, shell scripts, HQL, SQL.
• You are familiar with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools such as Jenkins and Maven.
• You have strong written and oral communication skills.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 10+ years industry experience, or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 8+ years industry experience.
• 6+ years of experience in building of large-scale data pipelines using big data technologies like Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Cascading, Apache Hive, and Hadoop stack.
• 6+ years of hands-on experience in Java or Scala, Python, Bash, and SQL.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position.
• Experience in building and managing large scale distributed, scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems.
• Experience in building and managing systems leveraging tool available in Google Cloud Platform.
• Experience in multi-cloud production environment deployment and maintenance.
• Exposure to data science and machine learning techniques.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
2 years’ supervisory experience.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
680 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4834, United States of America