Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 54%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Walmart's International Global Omni Item (GOI) group is responsible for enabling item creation and maintenance services to power the omni experience across the company, and to provide an enhanced omni experience for customers in stores and online. Walmart is investing in transforming these spaces with latest technology and we are looking for talented individual who can use their engineering and leadership skills to help our teams solve complex problems. As a primary leader of the GOI group, you'll influence, coach and be a servant leader to multiple teams participating and contributing in transforming products and platforms in this space.
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; directing and reviewing design artifacts (for example, proof of concepts, prototypes); writing and developing code; overseeing software design; reviewing unit test cases; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; directing project team and cross functional teams; enhancing design to prevent reoccurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design by partnering with the Product Management, Web Operations, Project Management, Business and User Experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You're comfortable influencing others, leading team, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You're a problem solver and like digging in
- You have a test and learn mentality , and an agile way of working to improve your team's products
- You're excited about solving complex challenges
- You're customer-centric in spirit and execution
- You have exposure working with cloud technologies
- You have experience leading teams and implementing technology globally
You'll make an impact by:
- Building and leading teams: Set and manage globally distributed engineering teams
- Providing cross-functional leadership: Working cross-functionally with product, engineering, program, and business teams to deliver Omni-solutions across the globe
- Developing and executing plans: Drive the execution of multiple business plans and tech initiatives. Effectively communicate execution, capacity, resource plans, and priorities
- Building strategic relationships: Partner with peer teams to help design omnipresence solution across stores and online
- Operating with excellence Set an example in managing code quality via reviews, coverage, automation for the core application, and peer teams. Contribute to technology backlog based on reviews.
- Bachelor of Science and 6 - 10 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering
- 2 years of supervisory/managerial experience
- Able to translate business needs to new technology opportunities while driving technology innovation and solutions to enterprise scale.
- Understanding of cloud technologies and designing solutions deployed to Azure
- In-depth knowledge of Java, J2EE, HTML, jQuery, Node JS, Camel, Kafka, Spring Boot, Maven, SQL, DB2
- Should be a hands-on leader with the ability to solve problems, remove roadblocks, and drive the team forward
- Knowledge of industry best practices for code quality, architecture, accessibility, and usability.
- Ability to compare different frameworks and tools and suggest the best option given the client requirements.
- Experience building and retaining high-performance teams and leading global software engineering teams
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering OR
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 54%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.