Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money,so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. We can't do that without the best talent talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our customers.
Do you have boundless energy and passion for engineering data used to solve dynamic problems that will shape the future of retail?With the sheer scale of Walmart'senvironmentcomes the biggest of big data sets.As aWalmartSenior Engineering Manager Marketing Technology,you will diginto ourmammothscale ofdata to helpunleashthe power of retaildata byimagining, developing, and maintaining data pipelinesthat our Data Scientists and Analysts and application teams can rely on.
Person successful in this role will manage growing team implementing integrations with marketing partners, big (e.g. Facebook) and small. These integrations exchange crucial data, manage campaign composition and optimize their outcomes. Being well-versed in big data on public cloud and having expert understanding of implementing streaming at scale are foundational to success. Being highly analytical, this manager will help produce crucial data-driven insights to find untapped opportunities to maximize value of partnerships. This person will partner with product managers and marketers as an up-and-coming subject matter expert (i.e. we will help you learn), advising on best ways to build out capabilities thatevolve theretail business modelwhilemakingapositiveimpactonourcustomers'lives.
You'll make an impact by:
- Demonstrating that you can lead the best and brightest data engineers and marketing technology SMEs.
- Using data integration techniques to build refined, high impact data sets fromcomplexmulti-platformenvironments (cloudandon-prem)that integratediverse, large scale internal and externaldata sources.
- Developingsystems to process streaming data, driving toward improving SLAs and operational excellence.
- Knowing how to conduct statistical analysis touncover significant data relationships, trendsin the data, and apply best practices for analysis of anomalies.
Combining a sense of urgency andexpert knowledge of data structures to solveand enhancecomplexcomputingperformance challenges,so that we canoptimize and scale.
Identifying, developingand deliveringimprovements on data performance,dataquality and cost.
- Staying currentthroughcontinualresearchandapplication ofnew,effectivedata engineeringtechniquesand best practices from across industries.
- Beingapassionateadopterand ambassador for data governancepractices and process.
- Showcasing how you display the data that you integrate by using the latest visualization technologies or can write your own.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You'reaninquisitive,out-of-the box thinkerwho'scontinually on the lookout foropportunitiestoimproveand innovatedatasystems andanalyticsolutions.
You have keen interest and some familiarity with digital marketing.
You have consistently high standards,your passion for quality is inherent in everything that you do.
- You are a collaborative connector who builds bridges between teams and functions.
- You evangelize an extremely high standard of code quality, system reliability, and performance.
- Youhave a proven track record codingwith at least one programming language (e.g.,SQL, Java, Scala, Python).
You'reexperiencedincomputing platformsandcompaniontools (e.g., Spark, BigQuery).
You'reskilledin data modeling &building with data quality.
- You're skilled in data automation, data publishing, and subscription techniques.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face.That'swhat we do at Walmart Global Tech.We'rea team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app,serviceor some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Beinghuman-ledis our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success.We'llcollaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
2 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.