Sr. Project Manager is a dynamic executioner and avid collaborator eager to drive large scale digital transformation that impacts the lives of 2.3 million associates every day.
Join the People Product and Technology team at Walmart where we are reimagining digital people experiences, elevating associate capabilities, fostering inclusion, enabling talent growth, and equipping leaders with critical insights. We are realizing this future with leading-edge technology: artificial intelligence, experience, and data.
This position will have you thinking on your feet every day, pivoting and multi-tasking fluidly. You’ll be leading multiple project management activities, collaborating with various stakeholders supporting the People Product and Technology PMO mission, goals, and objectives.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
You’ll make an impact as follows:
Benefits & Perks
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
The Walmart Global Communications team is focused on both traditional and new ways to reach audiences internally and externally and shape the reputation of the brand. Team members work cross-functionally with every aspect of Walmart business, connecting with associates across the globe. The work goes beyond retail. Our team has the ability to influence and impact communities across the U.S. in areas ranging from healthcare to sustainability to inclusion and diversity. We are a nimble group that comes from a vast background, yet are guided by the same north star: to work quickly, cost effectively and with vast foresight. Together, we innovate and are a force for positive change. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Prior experience working in a PMO
Walmart Global People Center, 508 SW 8th St, Bentonville, AR 72712
Develops and leads multiple cross-functional projects by anticipating and understanding current process and value gaps; benchmarking industry best practices; utilizing multiple methodologies to leverage data in order to inform business decisions; ensuring data accuracy and credibility; managing efforts to support sustainable best practices and complex, organization-wide projects; managing expectations of program and project leadership; and adjusting approaches in response to changing business demands.
Manages current and forecasted projects by developing, prioritizing, and coordinating project work plans; supporting the review and selection of proposed projects; ensuring project objectives are aligned with overall program goals; forecasting and managing internal project resources; monitoring project milestones, expenditures, and costs against project schedules and budgets; tracking projects and communicating status to key stakeholders; overseeing the management project documentation; and acting as focal contact for project requests.
Influences change processes by making data driven recommendations to support multiple projects; persuading and educating cross-functional teams
or associates on new or enhanced business processes and building relationships with senior leadership to ensure the ongoing alignment of change
i nitiatives with current and future business needs.
Drives informed decision making for large cross-functional projects by collaborating with cross-functional project teams and leadership to identify goals, success criteria, assumptions, risks, and known issues with the project or program; identifying potential risks of programs or projects and developing strategies to mitigate those risks; prioritizing and ensuring resolution of critical issues; developing communication plan frameworks; overseeing the creation of communication plans; and educating sponsors, stakeholders, and executive leadership on project requirements.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or related field and 3 years' experience in business, operations, analytics, or related
area OR 5 years' experience in business, operations, analytics, or related area.
1 year’s supervisory experience.
2 years’ project management experience.
Managing small or medium scale change initiativesMasters: Business Administration, Masters: EconomicsProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America