Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
If you thrive in solving challenging business problems with highly tangible business impact, love leading and growing with fabulous team members who just click, this is the place!
This is a core technical role that brings together your past engineering design experiences, hands-on development skills and your abilities to build bonds with other developers, architects, product managers and engineering leaders to develop platforms and product that operate at Walmart-scale. You will design, develop, and lead by influence a world class group of engineers across the geographies that are bound by a common Walmart-wide theme of creating elegant solutions for the complex problems and enable customers to save more and live better every single day.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
You have3 to 5years of experience indevelopinglarge scale products, distributed systems in a high caliber environment, with frameworks and abstractions that are reliable and reusable
You possess a strong sense of ownership, focus on quality, team orientation, design thinking, responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation
- You have an ability to work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner
- You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, including Java and/or Python
- You have worked alongside the pioneers of big data systems such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, Kafka to build out a highly reliable, performant, easy to use software systems for Walmart's planet scale of data
- You have experience in handling and triaging complex production issues
- You have solid understanding of building and integrating with stream-based and as well as RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- You have prior exposure to Azure, GCP, Kafka, NoSQL based cloud native databases and big data technologies
- You innately applySRE practices, including operational architectures, observability, reliability, availability and scalability
You'll make an impact by:
- Designing, developing, and implementing large-scale distributed systems that process large volume of data; focusing on scalability, latency, efficiency and fault-tolerance in every system that you build
- Taking ownership of a vaguely defined major business problem or product vision, translate it into executable technical design and roadmaps to solve the problem or realize the product vision
- Demonstrating technical skills to go very deep in solving classes of problems or creating broadly leverageable systems
- Owning multiple components across big data platforms, and work with engineers, product managers, and engineering leaders to identify opportunities for business impact
- Participating in setting a vision and objectives for the team in alignment with business and market needs
- Being a role model for behaviors such as being data intensive while taking everyday decisions, approach everyday problems with scientific temperament and rigor, having customer-first mind-set, maintaining highest standards for operational and engineering excellence
- Coaching engineersby providing oversight and direction to various engineers working across different efforts
- Raising the barbyimproving the team's definition of best practices and architecture with deep domain knowledge
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
The Customer Identity team part of the Retail & Data Servicesorganization, provides a single view of the customer. We use highly scalable, fault tolerant and leading-edge web, cloud, data, and ML solutions to help our customers save money and live better every single day.
Our team believes in being EDHR i.e., Everyday Holiday Ready symbolizing the readiness for the scale/redundancy as if it's Black-Friday/Cyber Monday/Big Billion day every day.
As a part of the Customer Identity team, you will play the role of a technical lead, leading the work on Customer graph, identity pipelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Beinghuman-ledis our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual workfor most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.