Senior Software Engineer
What you'll do at
The ideal candidate is a full stack developer who is familiar with each layer but with focus in iOS/Android Application development. The engineer should have genuine interest in all software technology and will be directly responsible for design, development, testing, maintenance, and documentation of high-quality software components developing web, software, or mobile applications. Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies. Ability to grow and collaborate with other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years of experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years of experience in software engineering or related field.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years of experience in software engineering or related field.
4+ years work experience with Java
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Fluency with object oriented design, data structures and multithreaded algorithms
Git, GitHub & SourceTree
Backend Language experience with microservices/SoA
Databases and Web Storage experience (noSQL or SQL)
HTTP & REST overall concepts and best practices
Cloud experience Azure or similar
Web Architecture experience
About Walmart Labs
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. Thats what we do at Walmart Labs. Were a team of 5,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart, the worlds largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and our enterprise operates.