Senior Software Engineer - Sam's Club Technology
Benton County, AR
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll do...
This is a key role on our team because the site stability is monitored, tracked and maintained by the team and you provide the leadership. It directly impacts the member experience on the site and our members are the most important part of our business.
You will make an impact in this role by:
Leading a team of developers and engineers to review the site performance and the issues our members face on a daily basis.
Troubleshooting and managing orders that do not flow through to fulfillment.
Monitoring the end to end site functionalities and troubleshooting the hindrances in the user experiences and overall performance of the site.
Work with more than 20 teams across the company to align on the performance and functionalities on the site.
You will wow us if you:
Demonstrate the capability to understand, identify and troubleshoot site performance and end user issues- providing quick fixes.
Lead the team by example of commitment and capabilities to drive towards excellence in the areas of the member experience and stable functionality in the space of the changing technologies.
Adapt to the recent technologies and infrastructure to troubleshoot and provide solutions.
Perform the reviews of the changes going in the release and fine tune accordingly.
Skills and experience critical to this role:
- Minimum of 7 years experience in software development
- Minimum of 5 years of experience experience developing in ecommerce development and web technologies
- Experience working in both development and productionsupportprojects
- Ability to perform root cause analysis for Sev1/Sev2 issue mitigating the impact to the member
- Experience identifying and analyzing performance issues
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- Solid understanding of Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, RESTful)
- Understanding of build processes and tools (GIT, Bit Bucket, Stash, Graddle, ANT, Maven)
- Ability to work in team environment and drive the issues.
- Perform RCA and recommend changes for the issue tickets
- Code fix/enhancements based on RCAs
- Finalize the design recommendations
- Experience working with REST based services
Preferred skills and experience:
- Oracle Commerce ATG 10 and above
- Sterling OMS
- Supply chain experience
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science 2 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Customer Care, Customer Service, Information Technology, Project Management, Retail Operations, Support, Technical Strategy, TroubleshootingBachelors: Computer ScienceInformation Technology - CISCO Certification - Certification