Senior Systems Engineer - Walmart Brands
San Francisco, CA
What you'll do at
Walmart,in an effort toensure the number 1 spot in retail and eCommerce, has and continues to make a commitment to innovation. We do this in two ways; through incubation and acquisitionofnew and innovative technology companies, adding new brands to our familyeach and everyyear. The goal here is to allow these brands to grow organically with the backing of the worlds largest retailer, to live by our motto of "Save Money, Live better. We are currently supporting brands including Bonobos,Jetblack, IRL, Franklin, Hayneedle, Art.com, Spatial&, Jet.com and many more. Weare located inNew York, the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, Omaha, Los Angeles and Hoboken.
What Youll Do:
We need super smart folks to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platforms in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our teams combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Walmart and our family of brands from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious technologists who are passionate about innovation in general.
We are looking for someone who has experience developingand championingproduct strategies for one or more complex platform components, and roadmappingfor one or more platform product areas. This person will be developingexternal & internal market analysis andwill own and drive Analysts relationships. You will be developingin-depth Build, buy, partner analysis, monetization, open-sourcing, & go-to-market strategiesfor a multitude of products. You will be drivingthe execution of multiple business plans and projectsto see these products to completion. This position will be working at the intersection of engineering, design, and marketing as you see a product from inception to release.
- Administrator / engineer with 5+ years of experience in the IT field
- Human and team player who excels at customer service
- Someone experience with web hosting technologies and troubleshooting such as understanding of DNS, HTTP
- Experienced with Linux or Windows OS administration
- Fellow techie whos been in a call center environment and preferably troubleshot phone system management
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Possess strong organizational and analytical skills
- Top notch communicator, through conversation and all things typed
- Graduate with a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience preferred
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.