Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
What you'll do
Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions. Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
About the team:
Walmart Health (WMH) is on a mission to make Healthcare Affordable, Convenient and Accessible. We are the technology arm of WMH focused on building solutions that will enable value-based care and deliver better outcomes at lower cost to our customers.
As an Agile Leader within the Walmart Health organization, you will be working with multiple teams that are working with emerging technologies to build the platform that democratizes healthcare on the backbone of digital and cloud. The platform will empower our customers to access their personal and family health information and provide tools to live healthier. At the same time, platform will help improve productivity of our healthcare providers so they can focus on delivering safe and high-quality care at affordable prices.
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers with the desire to disrupt the healthcare industry. A qualified applicant will be someone who likes to win as a team, who is purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You have experience working in a healthcare industry.
- You have experience with SAFe Agile Framework.
You'll make an impact by:
As a Senior Agile Leader, you'll act as a servant leader for your team(s) by facilitating clear communication to management and to the team. Our Scrum Masters are open, approachable, collaborative, and enjoy working with passionate people. They're proactive in solving problems to help their team(s) succeed. The Scrum Master drives Agile and Lean frameworks that result in quality product delivery and continuous improvement. They embrace agility as a practice. The Scrum Master is responsible for removing impediments that hinder the team from reaching their goals and has a flexible approach that enables the team to rapidly respond to changes.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big, and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We're excited to see what you'll bring to our team.
What you'll bring
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
5+ years of experience as a practicing Scrum Master
An active Certified Scrum Master (CSM, PSM, SAFe or equivalent) certification
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, and SAFe.
- Knowledge of widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile operational metrics such as: Velocity, Predictability, Sprint burndowns, etc.
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
2+ years of leadership experience including coaching, training, and mentoring
Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burn-down techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting.Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
2628 NE UNIVERSITY VILLAGE ST, SEATTLE, WA 98105-5023, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.