Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 54%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
Site Operations eCommerce Internship (MBA Intern)
Want to help lead the way in redefining how we shop online? The eCommerce Site Operation internship is critical in enhancing our site's performance and driving a frictionless customer site experience for one of our Strategic Business Units (SBUs). Our interns will set the bar for operational excellence, helping to grow our eCommerce business, by identifying and implementing key strategic initiatives, informing the product roadmap and tooling, building out robust reporting and KPIs, and executing scalable best practices and site optimization efforts for their division. They'll drive impact, improvement, and innovation to create a truly frictionless online shopping experience and help our eCommerce business.
The 10-week program is designed to immerse students into experiences that prepare them to be future leaders in Walmart eCommerce. The program allows you to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure, and grow your skills through professional education and development. We are seeking students with a track record of high performance, diverse skills, and professional or educational experience in Consumer, Technology, or Strategy roles.
WHAT ROLES CAN I APPLY FOR?
Product Management As a Product Manager, you will work with various stakeholders and technical teams to create daily-use internal and/or externally facing product features that people rely on. You will vet and validate product opportunities and create a plan to build, test, iterate and ship product. You will work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Retail team, Designers, Analytics and other teams in the organization.
Strategy & Analytics As a Strategy and Analytics Specialist, you will be responsible for conducting data-driven analyses that will help enable the development of key strategic initiatives. Additionally, you will be constantly looking for opportunities to drive growth through pricing strategies, assortment strategies, or automation / algorithmic decision making. You also will be creating highly impactful solutions to complex problems alongside a talented team in a cross-functional environment (e.g. product, merchandising, supply chain).
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You understand how customers shop online and use strategic thinking and innovation to create a seamless and fresh site experience for our customers.
- You're a visionary constantly looking for ways to set us apart from the competition, driving new and enhanced functionality to make the shopping experience easy and convenient.
- You use data and insights to make informed and impactful decisions and you have the acumen to translate complex data into actions and improvements.
- You have an incredible focus on operational excellence and getting the fundamentals right and can identify opportunities for efficiency and improvement.
- You build trust quickly and can lead by influence, creating impact through partnership as well as ownership.
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members.
You'll make an impact by:
- Creating an exemplary site experience for your division You'll help drive the holistic site strategy and operational performance for your division and play a key role in enhancing the customer journey on our site to win customers' hearts and minds. Using market and customer data, you'll enable a seamless and optimized experience, helping to manage the product roadmap and tooling needs, reporting and KPIs, A/B testing, taxonomy, search, SEO, and more.
- Structuring complex and ambiguous strategic problems You'll continuously analyze our eCommerce business and develop and implement site strategies to improve the end-to-end customer journey, driving innovation and growth for your Division. You'll develop hypotheses and execute in-depth analyses, translating data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Monitoring site health and performance through analytics and key metrics You'll help conduct internal business reviews and support the development of site metrics and dashboards to monitor site health and influence the overall direction for the site. You'll also identify and escalate key site issues, and conduct root cause analyses to recommend and implement fixes.
- Operating with excellence You'll land the fundamentals and create and help scale best-in-class efficient workflows, processes and timelines, embedding operational excellence into everything you do.
- Becoming an invaluable strategic partner to internal stakeholders You'll advise on and partner with various internal teams to improve processes, identify opportunities, and scale best practice and governance, driving continual assessment and improvement of the site's strategic direction and execution.
- MBA from a nationally recognized, top-tier program with a focus in general business, finance, or strategy
- Professional experience in product, quantitative, or strategy roles.
- Strong communication skills: experience presenting to and influencing senior leadership
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with ambiguity
- Strategic, critical thinking with strong problem-solving skills and common business acumen
- Excellent quantitative skills: comfortable analyzing large volumes of data in a fast-paced and dynamic retail environment (Experience with SQL, R, or Python are a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Extreme attention to detail
- Authorization to work in US without restrictions
We have two offices you can choose to work out of:
- Hoboken, NJ
- Sunnyville, CA
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 270 million customers and members visit our more than 11,700 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2018 revenue of $500.3 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/ Walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 54%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.