Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
If you're thinking 'scale', think bigger and don't stop there. At Walmart Labs Bengaluru, we don't just innovate, we enable transformations across stores and different channels for the Walmart experience. Take a regular day at Walmart Labs and match that with 260 million customers a week, 11,695 stores, under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. That's Walmart Labs Bengaluru for you. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. We innovate to deliver a simple and seamless experience for our customers. Our tech talent solves the biggest and most complex problems. They drive digital transformation where data and analytics are enabling us to better serve our customers and create a digital relationship with them. As our customers evolve and adapt, we are taking it a few notches further here. We're changing what customers can expect from the experience of shopping, from the physical stores, to mobile, social and even online; we're not just ready for the future of shopping, we're creating it.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
You have a deep interest and passion for technology. You love writing and owning codes and enjoy working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making and excellent communication with interpersonal skills. You are self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree with 3+ years of experience in Computer Science or related field.
- Hands-on experience using State Management Libraries - Redux, Redux-Saga.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools - Git.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with testing - Jest, Cypress, etc
- Proficiency working in Linux/unix environments
- Strong understanding of OOPS concepts, Data Structures & Design Patterns
- Proficiency in GIT and other versioning tools
- Should be able to build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
- Should implement smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Experience in Agile Development environment
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (DevOps) and relevant tools such as Maven/Jenkins)
- Working knowledge of best UX standards and practices
You'll make an impact by:
- Developing scalable enterprise web/mobile applications to meet the Conversationally & Data Ventures program requirements.
- Developing UI /Mobile components and Pages for Conversationally team
- Designing, building, testing and deploying cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting millions of customers worldwide drive value from data at Walmart Scale
- Interacting with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
- Engaging with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome product features to keep platform ahead of market scenarios.
- Identifying right open source tools to deliver product features by performing research, POC/Pilot and/or interacting with various open source forums.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Global Data and Analytics Platforms
The Global Data and Analytics Platforms (GDAP) team @ Walmart Labs in Bangalore provides Data Foundation Infrastructure, Visualization Portal, Machine Learning Platform, Customer platform and Data Science products that form part of core platforms and services that drive Walmart business. The group also develops analytical products for several verticals like Marketing, Finance, supply chain, pricing, customer, HR etc.
Our team which is part of GDAP Bangalore is responsible for creating the Marketing Customer Experience Platform which is a one stop shop to know how our Customers feel when they shop at Walmart Stores. The team is responsible for time critical, business critical and highly reliable systems that influence Walmart business. The team is spread over multiple locations and we work towards providing the best experience to our customers.
As part of the Conversationally Team @Walmart Labs, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference by being a part of development team that helps in building best shopping experience for Walmart Customers at our Stores. Here you are also required to continuously innovate to lower the development cost, provide greater value to the business and provide best experience to our Business partners and Customers.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 265 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
Masters: Computer Science
350 N SAINT PAUL ST, DALLAS, TX 75201-4240, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainabilityand everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industriesall while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.