Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
Here at Walmart, we're driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of user design and a seamless customer experience. We're intrigued by the opportunity to engineer the most optimal approach that drives conversions and generates consumer loyalty across every touchpoint of the digital journey.
As a Software Engineer III, you'll spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, collaborating with cross-functional teams and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo. You'll oversee small project teams consisting of other engineers who will look to you as a trusted advisor, a subject matter expert who provides guidance and the right tools to get the job done.
Now, imagine doing all the above for the world's largest retailer. That's the Walmart experience. Intrigued?
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, directions, examples, and timeline.
- Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; identifying short and long term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solution based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; and completing online documentation.
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business, and user experience teams.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You want to be a part of the team to disrupt this industry and you have these main skills:
- Extensive understanding of microservice architecture and design, and best practices around multithreading, networking, offline storage and performance tuning.
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of Java, Spring Boot, and experience working with distributed systems and teams.
- A disciplined approach to development, code review, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level and a passion for adopting the latest features.
You'll really wow us if
- You have extensive experience with Dataproc, Spark, and GCP.
- You have extensive experience building production systems handling large volumes of data.
- Your ability to rise above group think and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
- You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within it new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
You level up when you have the opportunity to teach others and empower those around you to excel.
You'll make an impact by
- Effectively translating requirements into project parameters while working with agility from cradle to grave.
- Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a best-in-class customer experience.
Encouraging the project teams that you oversee to work collaboratively and to aim for insight-driven outcomes.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Skill Set Additions:
- Knowledge of technologies used in building scalable, distributed systems in virtualized cloud environments.
- Ability to design for fault tolerance and high availability.
- Have proficient knowledge and experience with Kafka, Cassandra, Cosmos DB, SQL
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following programming Languages: Java, Spark (SQL, Streaming), Hadoop Map-Reduce. Build Manager (Maven), Distributed Version Control (GIT), Continuous Integration (Jenkins) experience.
- Solid devops skills in troubleshooting live applications, assessing performance bottlenecks of applications running on Linux
- Develop high performance and scalable solutions that extract, transform, and load big data
About The Team
As a member of EDF, you'll be part of the replenishment team responsible for building and supporting high impact, mission critical systems for the world's largest retailer. You'll be responsible for designing, implementing and testing code change required for special business requirements. You'll work with many cross functional teams to handle monitoring issues, troubleshoot business and production issues. You'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.