Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Walmart's Global Sourcing Technology team is responsible for building and maintaining software that enables Walmart to Source the best quality products at the lowest possible price and pass that savings to our Customers so they can Save Money and Live Better. Walmart is investing in transforming the Global Sourcing business by enhancing the user experience with the latest technology and we are looking for talented individuals who can use their engineering and leadership skills to help our teams solve complex problems. You will be part of the application development team leading software design and implementation, problem solving, leading consistency across our team in quality standards, ensuring our teams adhere to micro-service architecture principles, research and propose innovative ideas that allow our teams to solve problems faster and provide engineering efficiency as they work with our customers to deliver world-class software solutions.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You're a forever student: someone who loves to continuously learn and strive for excellence
- You're a tech hobbyist who enjoys solving complex problems.
- You display great communication/collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
- You're a disruptive thinker who can lead software innovations
- You're experienced with micro service architecture
- You're passionate about teaching and mentoring others to be greater than they thought possible
- You have a great eye for detail and can articulate the specifics of quality design while enforcing engineering principles
- You're organized, disciplined, and can manage large projects simultaneously
- You have high standards for code quality and can hold the engineers that you work with accountable to those same standards
- You're stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
What you'll do...
Work with small groups of six to ten engineers in software development and design, identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll bring..
- Experience in building n-tier highly scalable, fault tolerant, reactive Microservices using .Net Core C# as well as RESTful or GraphQL architecture
- Leading the Migration of Entire Legacy Platform/Services to Cutting Edge next generation Reactive Microsystems deployed in Kubernetes Ecosystem in Public Cloud like Google GCP and Microsoft Azure
- Designing and Architecting cloud native, distributed, high performant and scalable microservices.
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of Angular, .Net Core C#, and experience working with distributed systems and teams.
- Experience with refactoring/redesigning/rewriting existing applications is a plus (We are in the process of redesigning and refactoring of our current system)
- Ability to build products with focus on testability, someone who loves test coverage (well versed with Jasmine, Selenium, Protractor, and XUnit)
- Extensive understanding of Kubernetes, Helm, microservice architecture and design, and best practices around multithreading, networking, offline storage, and performance tuning
A disciplined approach to development, code review, testing, documentation, and code structure in a team environment.
Designing/Architecting Applications in MS SQL or No-SQL database such as Azure Cosmos DB or Cassandra
- Utilizing Industry Research and Innovation to build Next Generation systems to Improve Walmart Technology Environment.
You'll really wow us if
- You can rise above group think and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
- You come to the table with a comprehensive knowledge of Angular as well as Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- You are involved in design/architecture discussions to come up with the system design and architecture for new products or improvements to existing ones with Engineering Practices, Operational excellence, and Site Reliability Engineering
- You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within it new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
- You actively teach others and empower those around you to excel.
- You are Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards
- You drive technical vision and influence product roadmap and vision
- You have experience in Azure cloud architecture and deployments and strong understanding of cloud technology, including - Azure Offerings, Cloud storage, Cloud security, Cloud migration.
- You bring a desire to continuously improve and automate build and testing processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 5 years' experience in information technology within the past 10 years OR 7 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years
- Experience in Azure cloud architecture and deployments and strong understanding of cloud technology, including - Azure Offerings, Cloud storage, Cloud security, Cloud migration.
- Experience in .Net tech stack
- Around 6 years of total experience with over 3 years of experience in Azure Web App/Web Services/SQL.
- Experience working with one or more industry-leading database platforms, preferably both relational and non-relational systems
- 6+ years of experience in Software development preferable in Retail using Angular technologies
- 5+ years of programming experience in architecting highly scalable & performing Applications
- 4+ years of experience with two or more Open-Source technologies (Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, Solr, Elastic, etc.)
- 3+ years of developing / architecting high transaction high throughput systems is a must
- 2+ Experience of Restful API / micro-services experience
- 1+ years of experience in agile ways of working in a distributed geographical model
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.