At Walmart and Sam's Club, we’re driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of user design and a seamless customer experience. We’re intrigued by the opportunity to engineer the most optimal approach that drives conversions and generates consumer loyalty across every touchpoint of the digital journey.
As a Senior Software Engineer , you’ll spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, collaborating with cross-functional teams and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo. You’ll oversee small project teams consisting of other engineers who will look to you as a trusted advisor, a subject matter expert who provides guidance and the right tools to get the job done. Now, imagine doing all of the above for the world’s largest retailer. That’s the Walmart experience. Intrigued?
You’ll really wow us if:
• Your ability to rise above group think and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
• You come to the table with more than 5 years of experience in Java, Spring boot, Python as well as Agile methodologies.
• You are familiar with micro-services architectures and implemented them at a global scale.
• You have prior 3+ years of experience working in NoSQL DBs like Cassandra, Mongo DB etc.
• You have prior experience working in high performance, scalable and distributed systems
• You have a deep understanding of delivering software on cloud platforms
• You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within it new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
• You level up when you have the opportunity to teach others and empower those around you to excel.
You’ll make an impact by:
• Effectively translating requirements into project parameters while working with agility from cradle to grave.
• Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a “best-in-class” customer experience.
• Encouraging the project teams that you oversee to work collaboratively and to aim for insight-driven outcomes.
• Cloud experience: Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, micro-services architectures (REST), event-based architecture (JMS, Kafka, Active MQ, etc), stream technologies (Storm, Spark, etc)
• Databases: relational (Maria, MySQL, SQL Server), NoSQL document storage (Cosmos, Mongo, etc.)
• Development tools: Eclipse, Spring STS, JetBrains, Git, Jenkins, Maven, Grunt, SVN, TFS, Tomcat, Weblogic, etc.
• Programming: Java, Spring Framework, JPA/Hibernate framework, Python
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great benefits include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Our Team
As a member of the of the Engineering group, you’ll be responsible for evaluating large amounts of data as part of the ongoing effort to optimize processes and delivery protocols. You’ll operate as a trusted advisor as it relates to efficiencies and best practices. As a senior member of the team, you’ll be able to say that you work for the world’s largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
engineering or related field.
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America