Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
What You'll Do...
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join Walmart Connect's (WMC) in-house Strategy team to help define WMC's long-term business unit strategy and to accelerate certain opportunities through M&A and strategic partnerships. The WMC Strategy team is envisioning the future of WMC and its important role within Walmart. Walmart is the #1 retailer in the U.S., reaching 150 million shoppers every week across stores and e-commerce. We have the data to create compelling digital and omni-channel advertising offerings, while staying laser-focused on improving customer experience.
In this role, you will help us formulate the future of retail advertising by defining and evaluating new strategies and businesses to grow Walmart Connect including M&A or partnerships to achieve that growth goal. You are a seasoned leader ready to tackle a broad set of opportunities with a deep capacity for managing multiple high-profile projects. Ideally you will have 5+ years of past experience in ecommerce, internet technology, media or consumer businesses including leadership roles. We will need your industry understanding, strategic mindset, and analytical skills to define and evaluate opportunities and the big bets we'll be taking on to grow WMC. You will scope market potential, evaluate competitors and identify what it takes to build a winning business while creating a set of actionable recommendations for WMC leadership and Walmart executives. Significant past transaction/deal experience including 3-5 years of M&A and/or strategic partnership evaluation and deal lead roles, detailed driver-level DCF financial modeling and independent ability to lead in M&A/strategic partnership structuring, negotiation and execution are also key skill sets. We also value past operational experience at start-ups, particularly those who have grown businesses from 0 to 10 or 10 to 100. Your ability to communicate WMC's strategies and create recommendations to inform executives and board members for decision making is critical, so past experience with developing Board and leadership materials and significant comfort in communicating and presenting those materials is also a must.
Come join the team if you are:
- Passionate about technology, retail, or advertising including trends and competition
- A critical thinker with the ability to distill complicated concepts into actionable strategies
- Analytical with deep financial modeling experience to drive decision making
- Experienced in executive level communications from board materials to white papers
- Excited about the future of retail & media
- Constantly thinking about the customer experience first
- A cross functional pro: technically adept to work with Product and Technology teams on evaluating opportunities in the context of current/future roadmaps and commercially adept to work with Sales, Finance and Operations teams on assessing market demand, operational complexity, go-to-market pricing and margin mix
- Understand how to evaluate and recommend buy/partner/build scenarios
- Able to influence and inspire action cross-functionally and confident about presenting recommendations to senior leadership
- Evaluate new strategies and opportunities for WMC including strategy definition, market opportunity sizing, competitive evaluation, business case building and identification of execution enablers that reinforce WMC strategies through differentiation/competitive advantage
- Build detailed, driver-level financial models and business scenario cases to inform planning and decision making
- Identify possible M&A or strategic partnerships to accelerate strategies including analyzing competitors, identifying capabilities acceleration, and leading business perspective in cross functional build/buy/partner analyses
- Driving cross functional consensus building and developing partnership across stakeholders in strategy evaluation; ability to synthesize feedback and iterate on strategies
- Skilled at communicating WMC's strategy, new business ideas and opportunities to leadership ranging from WMC business leaders to Walmart executives and board members
- Evaluate and negotiate strategic partnerships to accelerate new offering's go-to-market timeline
- 5+ years of relevant experience in large-scale retail/e-commerce, advertising, technology, or consulting/investment banking and an always on attitude towards gaining more knowledge and leadership in these areas
- Demonstrated knowledge of the digital advertising, technology and retail landscape and interest or experience with emerging technologies and retail or advertising trends
- 3-5 years of experience in M&A deal leadership and evaluation
- Past M&A experience for leading and evaluating deals of $100M+ and management of a broad pipeline of deals at all stages of evaluation
- Related experience in leading M&A or partnership integration post-deal, including cross functional requirements across HR, legal, technology and IT, finance, accounting as applicable
- Comfort with ambiguity and experience with scoping new ideas or innovation
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated ability to develop complex, driver level financial models
- Strong presentation, communication and influencing skills and comfort in interacting with executive level business and technical partners
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple high-visibility projects at one time
- Worked in a start-up, early stage, or innovation environment where you defined best practices for your function
- MBA or 3+ years P&L responsibility preferred
About Walmart Connect
Want to change the face of digital advertising? Want to re-imagine how the world's largest omni-channel consumer database can be used to power targeted campaigns for the largest brands in the world? We are rethinking digital advertising here at Walmart and are looking for great people to help make this happen.
At Walmart, we enable the connection between brands and shoppers at unprecedented scale. As stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us each week. This is a unique opportunity to join a high-visibility team with a big impact on our omni-channel business. We believe all digital advertising across search, display, video and experiential can be targeted, effective and accountable -- and we have Walmart's retail sales data to prove it
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's Degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.