Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
This position can be based in Hoboken, NJ or Bentonville, AR.
Do you want to build the Supply Chain of the future? Then look no further thanWalmart, the largest retailer that combines the energy of a start up with the power of a fortune one company. Our Staff Automation Engineers will explore,deploy and execute innovative material handling solutions and automation capabilities to support our needs for exponential capacity growth within our distribution and fulfilment centers.
You'llsweep us off our feet if
- You'rea master atautomaton engineering with proven experience building out and deploying large-scaleautomation.
- You have a keen eye for the details and never leave good enough alone.
- You possess superb written & oral communication skills.
- You'redriven by continuous improvement and operational efficiencies.
- You are organized,disciplinedand can manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- You have high standards and can hold project contributors accountable.
- You'restimulated by unique challenges andexcitedto engage at Fortune 1 scale only Walmart can provide.
You'llmake an impact by:
- Partnership and Collaboration: Engages with team members on a periodic basis and establishes credibility. Analyzes stakeholder needs and partners with stakeholders to share relevant information. Responds effectively and efficiently to requests. Takes a "one team" approach to collaborate and accomplish goals for the business.
- Process Flow Design: Interprets information to quantify the anticipated outcome of supply chain decisions. Describes the typical tasks associated with using and managing suppliers. Understands issues and considerations for inbound and outbound logistics. Describes basic logistical processes and subprocesses. Uses a variety of business process design tools and techniques. Examines, interprets, and explains workflow materials and documentation. Analyzes a process and associated business logic and offers recommendations based on analysis. Carries out business process design tasks with some supervision and coaching. Documents common obstacles and barriers for effective implementation.
- Operational Excellence: Explains operational functions and key functional roles of assigned department or unit. Clarifies the role of each department or unit and its relevance to the enterprise strategy. Describes the interdependence of support functions and line operating functions. Identifies the primary operational functions of the organization. Understands where to locate and how to read One Best Way and Standard Operating Procedure information. Locates information regarding fundamental practices and policies. Lists common tasks and activities performed by operations functions and subfunctions.
- Business Acumen: Supports the development of business cases and recommendations. Owns the delivery of project activity and tasks assigned by others. Supports process updates and changes. Solves simple business issues. Demonstrates functional knowledge of the business unit/organization being supported.
- Engineering Economics: Describes the concepts behind engineering economics and the implications of financial data. Understands the drivers of cost. Identifies major types of financial data utilized by the organization. Explains how financial data is accessed and the types of information used in engineering. Understands how to develop a business case.
- Talent Management: Identifies the key roles and responsibilities in the group and the career ladder for assigned function. Explains how the concept of a career path can be used to identify future desired roles. Demonstrates the ability to help integrate new members into the team. Seeks guidance in obtaining long-term developmental opportunities.
- Project Management: Plans and estimates simple projects under guidance. Produces standard project status reports. Obtains information from stakeholders during the planning stage of a project. Assists in detailed project plans, including costs, schedules, and resource requirements. Provides input for Gantt or PERT charts or their equivalents to track project progress and status. Manages multiple projects with varying timelines simultaneously.
- Continuous Improvement: Defines the critical workflow for executing key processes. Identifies process problems that limit performance. Focuses on the most significant problems to maximize efficiency gains. Surfaces systemic problems to be addressed at the organizational level. Implements methods for improving and establishing controls for critical processes. Monitors systems and processes after interventions to confirm success and to diagnose new or remaining problems. Implements methods of Continuous Improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, or Kaizen.
- Automation System Design: Promotes the usage of automation machineries. Participates in implementation and training. Conducts cost-benefit analyses of machineries. Monitors actual versus planned. Consults on the use of advanced machineries for automation of supply chain processes. Helps develop and implement long-range automation plans. Works with multi-function and automating machineries that perform multiple and complicated tasks enabling time reduction of supply chain processes.
- Automation Integration: Combines knowledge of automation/system design and learning from previous implementations into a road map. Guides in resolving integration issues. Identifies and quantifies risks of proposed alternatives to a system or technology integration initiative. Runs integration and testing of upgrades, enhancements, and fixes. Designs and develops interfaces for multiple partners and platforms. Anticipates key problems and challenges for multi-system, multi-process integration. Implements planned and ad-hoc communications to and from affected parties. Ensures project problems are surfaced and reported to appropriate project personnel.
- Mechatronics: Creates views of objects in 2 and 3 dimensions. Creates perspective drawings and orthogonal views. Uses design and visualization to perform basic drafting (for example, wire frames, solid objects, array of objects). Flips and scales objects within drawings. Integrates multiple objects within the environment. Generates specifications for parts or components with design and visualization software. Participates in projects that modify existing electrical systems, equipment, and components. Assists in drawing circuit diagrams and defining electrical installation specifications. Operators Programmable Logic Controllers in order to communicate, monitor, and control automated processes (for example, assembly lines, machine functions, robotic devices). Performs the basic design, installation, maintenance and testing of electrical systems, equipment, and components. Analyzes the feasibility, design, strength, and performance of automation equipment. Conducts investigations into faulty machine operation, equipment failures, and difficulties. Follows guidelines, standards, and safety procedures in the mechanical design process. Participates in designing, testing, implementing, monitoring, and repairing mechanical components.
- Data and Digital Literacy: Leverages data analysis tools to explore moderately complex data, develops and tests hypotheses, uses data to influence strategic work, and builds and presents insights. Identifies, implements, and drives technology change within scope of work. Use visualization tools to represent data and construct coherent stories to influence decisions.
- Influential Communication: Organizes thoughts and communicates confidently, credibly, and concisely within scope of work. Presents to and influences team and business partners, conveying messages through basic understanding of the relevant context. Utilizes relevant data and fact-based information to articulate results and provide recommendations in a structured manner. Actively listens to others, seeks and provides constructive feedback, and provides ideas/recommendations on processes. Proactively builds a personal network.
- Advanced Analytics: Applies data analysis and data modeling techniques to establish, modify, and maintain data structures and associated components. Utilizes designated data analysis software (both internal and external) to analyze business data. Applies specific computing languages and tools in machine learning (for example, R, Python). Supports the identification and application of statistical techniques based on requirements. Conducts statistical experiments (for example, hypothesis tests, confidence intervals) and builds statistical models.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 3 years' experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. Option 2: 5
years' experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Engineering General
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.